Deputy Manager - Strategic sourcing & Project Management (Supply Chain Management)
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Bidder selection for sourcing of interior & exterior plastic parts of automobile
- Close coordination with R&D for judgement of part specific technical capability of selected bidders
- Conduct bidding & selection of source based on cost competitiveness then further negotiate cost with the selected source to achieve the cost target.
- Close monitoring of development process & ensure development schedule meets model timelines.
- Ensuring parts availability for vehicle build inline with quality & engineering requirements.
- Sourced & developed interior & exterior plastics parts for 1 full model change & 2 minor change models.
- Achieved a cost saving of Rs 2.1 cr through localization & VAVE.
- Sourced & settled part prices within target for business amounted to a procurement value of Rs 100 cr in a span of just 6 months.
- Negotiated a pre agreed cost reduction of Rs 20 cr over 3 years while sourcing which supported in company's YOY targets.
- Experience in dealing with plastic part having finish of painting/plating/In Mold Decoration (IMD)