Coordinator - Production Planning and Procurement
Prolec GE, Chennai - A JV between Xignux, a major Mexican industrial group and General Electric.. Prominent player in the Indian Electrical industry for Power & Distribution transformer.
- Preparation of MRP for Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly look-ahead Schedule as per customer contract delivery.
- Loading plant capacity to maximum utilization of 4M’s.
- Preparation of Quarterly sales plan based on the yearly sales budget.
- Weekly update of job status and customer inspection to Marketing team.
- Close monitoring with marketing team for drawing approval, upcoming orders and slot booking.
- Regular follow up of manufacturing drawings& discussing with production team for manufacturing feasibility & constraints to meet OTD.
- Ensure timely release of purchase order for all the materials in production planning & establishing base for production schedule.
- Telephonic follow up and visiting supplier end for material readiness status and delivery commitment at factory.
- Visiting supplier end to follow up of out-sourced units to meet customer commitment date.
- Instruct, Review & Control the production schedule with production engineers / supervisors to meet the monthly targets.
- Close monitoring of consumable stock items & effective utilization of non-moving stock materials for cost saving.
- Working closely with the inventory leader for reviewing the RM, WIP & FG inventory and the actions to dilute the accumulated non-moving inventory & follow – up.
- Responsible to handle daily shop floor review for material status, production progress & dispatch plan with supply chain, production, marketing team respectively.
- Updating daily production output & monthly billing achievements to the top level management.
- Handling weekly update on production review calls with CEO, Operation head and cross functional team at Mexico.
- Regular monitoring & maintaining MIS report:
- Production output, WIP status, Dispatches, Over dues, Promises kept, Stock out items, Drawing outputs (BOM’s & Drawings), Cycle time, Slot management & Stock diversion details.