Jan 2014 - Present
Mar 2011 - Jan 2014
SPECIAL PROJECTS DIRECTOR
- Coordinate multiple concurrent Information Technology (IT) infrastructure development and modification projects. Conceptualize, plan, direct and exercise functional authority for all IT changes required due to significant corporate restructuring and downsizing.
- Develop plans, designs, and budget and personnel requirements for centralized IT system modification and upgrades. Redesign workflow processes to streamline company-wide operations.
- Participate in Executive Meetings with other Directors and Dept. Heads. Brief corporate management on technology issues, project status, deadlines, and changes to implementation plans.
- Exercise authority as Contracting Officer Technical Representative to initiate bidding process and contracting for outsourced vendor services, hardware, and software vital to complex operations.
- Charged with verifying compliance with laws and regulations governing patient privacy, electronic information security, as well as physical security and access to the corporate website.
- Provide technical support to staff on all new software and applications. Direct and evaluate work performed in IT, administrative, productivity analysis, and executive support departments. On call to provide off hour and weekend IT support for outages or problems with network connectivity.
Apr 2013 - Jan 2014
COMPLIANCE OFFICER (Concurrently)
Also serve in dual capacity as Corporate Compliance Officer. Develop procedures and policy statements and conduct comprehensive audits of documents and record keeping systems to verify client and corporate compliance with stringent HIPAA regulations, all toward eliminating legal liability.
Apr 2004 - Jan 2014
HIPAA ADMINISTRATOR (Concurrently)
- Oversee all interdepartmental coordination, administrative processes, and audits to verify total business compliance with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Develop organization-wide HIPAA training program effectively delivered to 900+ employees over nine years.
- Point of contact for compliance issues with government, legal, and medical entities, as well as the general public.
Apr 2004 - Mar 2011
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATOR
- Analyze end-user needs and network/software capabilities to develop requirements, design specifications, and define strategy, priority and scope of work for new projects.
- Technical liaison between all corporate departments, IT staff, and external vendors to provide advice, troubleshoot problems, and facilitate proper use of systems and applications.
- Implement PGP Whole Disk Encryption, Lumension Endpoint Security, and the transition to hosted, secure e-mail.
- Lead the analysis, evaluation and renegotiation of IT contracted services and maintenance agreements. Draft and execute RFP/RFQ to reduce operational costs.
- Implement, maintain, document, upgrade, and/or manage IT support for all core departmental systems, including Clinical Point of Care, Time and Attendance, HR and Payroll, Communications, and Security.
- SUCCESS: Saved company over $25,000 by salvaging flood-damaged computers and IT equipment. Worked with executives and consultants to successfully acquire Joint Commission accreditation.
Nov 1999 - Apr 2004
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Managed, monitored and executed the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, quality reviews, configuration, installation, integration, maintenance testing, and/or operational integrity test of networked systems for health care delivery and administration.
- Identified and presented new technology and process initiatives to executives to improve business processes. Ensured proper QA, information assurance, and reliability compliance with corporate requirements.
- Defined technical objectives for planned expansion or addition to business operations. Coordinated with IT staff and vendors to develop scope of work and estimates of cost, equipment, manpower and time.
- Principal technical resource for software implementation, software migration, process improvement, and regulatory compliance projects. Applied advanced analytical techniques to solve problems, improve processes, and enhance application operation/support services across the entire network.
- Interacted with other specialists and production elements to review effectiveness of operations in relationship to stability, reliability, and delivery of all corporate and local networks.
- Managed all switches, routers, firewalls and telecommunication equipment. Maintained company servers, computers, printers, cables and other equipment
- Developed and maintained disaster recovery procedures for information systems and proprietary systems. Diagnosed network problems involving a combination of hardware, software, power and communication issues.
Nov 1999 - Jun 2001
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Concurrently)
- Initially served as Assistant Payroll Administrator for 18 months. Promoted to oversee the payroll process, including direct deposit and General Ledger reporting, for 900+ employees.
- Assisted with payroll preparation and entered data into cumulative payroll document.
Jul 1993 - Jan 2000
Founder / Owner
Serviced, maintained, and sold quality fitness equipment; Troubleshot electronic and mechanical components; Responded to customer calls; Assembled fitness equipment; Delivered new product presentations to customers; Provided instruction to customers on proper use and maintenance of equipment; Developed sales proposals; Scheduled service calls; Coordinated marketing and public relations efforts; Established exclusive sales territories with various manufacturers; Negotiated contracts with various governmental agencies, including law enforcement, military, and federal agencies.
HIPAA Privacy and Security
Member of Beta Gamma Sigma since 2005. An international honor society recognizing business excellence.
Member since April 2013