Drinkable Arts, LLC
Hold classes both at venues and privately, teaching the art of glass painting.
As a strategic and visionary creative advertising and marketing professional with over 25 years experience in promotional design, I am committed to excellence in creative interpretation. I enjoy producing high-quality visual communication and design solutions via a wide variety of media, including print, web, video and digital formats. Aside from creative interpretation, some of my strongest assets are in team leadership and mentoring, as I enjoy working with fresh minds and pushing creativity beyond traditional borders. One is never too old to learn something new, and I am forever that student as well. I am currently seek a challenging and creative advertising management position with a company that has similar creative visions and core values.
Hold classes both at venues and privately, teaching the art of glass painting.
Marketing support services, creative branding, graphic and web design, for a wide variety of clients, working both on-site and off.
• redesign of various ad campaigns for large West New York flooring chain, Carpet Factory Outlet, including newspaper ads, phonebook ads, web ads, billboard advertising, and other marketing vehicles
• annual commissioned pieces for Cat N' Around Catskill public art project
• new advertising and marketing campaign materials for local hair and beauty products distributor, Global Spa and Beauty
• art director for leading international accounting firm, KPMG Peat Marwick, creating educational and advertising materials for in-house educational workshops, seminars, and accredited training sessions
• redesigned packaging for Chanel facial products line
• creative development and production of high-end, high visibility product brand materials for leading international orthopedic manufacturer Stryker Howmedica-Osteonics
– design for print and multimedia, including collateral materials for new product releases, national corporate sales meetings, international trade conventions and intra-corporate training
– development of business strategies with individual product development teams
– interactively collaborated with business manager, support services (i.e. photographers, freelance designers and art directors, medical illustrators, printers, etc.), outside ad agencies and other services.
• worked closely with a variety of fine artists and photographers, producing high-end fine art reproduction and developing marketing solutions
• conducted lectures for local Photography clubs on the use of Photoshop in Digital photography, and taught a variety of art and painting workshops throughout the years
By coming on board as creative lead and on-line marketing coordinator, I have afforded this small graphics communications company the ability to pitch design, branding and on-line marketing to high-profile clientele that were previously unattainable for these services.
I routinely performed the following:
• designing print, video and web-based branding and marketing materials, including materials for pitches to potential new clients.
• working closely with new clients to develop the targeted designs and materials best-suited for their needs.
• establishing on-line marketing and long-term website SEO plans to improve web visibility and drive higher ROI
• researching of website ranking and keyword analysis, developing content-rich visuals and copy for websites, updating metadata in the site’s code, and integrating SEO criteria for media and web clientele, as well as developing effective designs for web-based projects.
Clients include Delaware North Companies, Ladas and Parry LLC International Law, Glitterati Publishing/Edwina Sandys, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo Sabres, Buckingham Industries, Watkins Glen COC, Precision Abrasives, Choice Employee Benefits Group, and Becker Beauty Inc.
Designer for print and for on-line marketing efforts for the world’s leading natural horsemanship education company located in Colorado.
• designed print advertising and online ads for weekly and monthly web-based and print media
• design and layout of quarterly corporate magazines
• design and content creation of weekly e-marketing campaigns, interactive e-newsletters, and other web-based materials for client.
• wrote articles for quarterly corporate magazines.
• produced and edited videos for web-based marketing and instructional efforts
• coordinated local publicity for the company, including the advertising and marketing premier showing of their television show, and collaborated with the CEO on various special projects
At this leading pharmaceutical launch agency, I was senior designer on team which created conceptual presentations for major pharmaceutical and medical device companies, resulting in being awarded new accounts, and then generating promotional, marketing, packaging, and collateral materials for their products
• lead a design team which produced new product pitch materials and created subsequent promotional marketing materials
• worked closely with FDA standards to design and produce packaging and product distribution materials for major pharmaceutical clients such as Novartis (Ciba), Hoffman LaRoche, Schering-Plough, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Bristol-Myers Squibb.
• member of the creative teams which produced award-winning self promotional campaigns for the agency, which was voted “Agency of the Year” for Pharmaceutical and Medical Advertising by its peers multiple times, and earning its reputation as "The Launch Agency" for pharmaceutical advertising.
Established and supervised in-house design department for a growing full-service print company.
• conducted new client pitches and handled national client accounts, including political campaigns and promotional materials for surrounding cities/town
• presented concepts for and was awarded annual fund-raising campaign for a Palisades Medical Center (2 years) and the New York Botanical Gardens, including a 200-page full-color journal, each of which generated new sponsorships, repeat business and new clientele via referrals.
• developed a new global promotional marketing campaign for SGS International Accreditation, resulting in the use of the graphic theme in their international showcase.
• worked with various townships, cities, and politicians on a variety of public campaigns, including Congressman Bob Menendez (NJ), the City of Paterson NJ, Union City NJ, Amnesty International, and others.
When the Mac first appeared in the graphics community, I was fortunate to receive training from an Apple representative on their hardware. At the time, it was an Apple LISA, with a daisy-wheel proofer and a Linotype-Hell imagesetter. My first job was for the American Psychiatric Association, designing a slide presentation for their annual conference on schizophrenia.
From there, I was contacted to become a certified trainer for Adobe, Quark, Agfa, Scitex, and a number of other companies making inroads into the desktop publishing field. I spent over 10 years as a trainer for these companies, working with designers and teaching them how to execute their skills using a Mac.
Applied Arts and Design, Foreign Languages, Psychology
Applied Art, Art Therapy, Art Education
Participating guild member, exhibits, meetings and other community arts events
Board member responsible for local art exhibits, public art projects and other cultural events.
Created and supplied all advertising and marketing materials for Art in the Garden events, including program guides, posters, post cards, as well as creating and maintaining the
Art in the Garden website.
Sponsored Artist for four years, participating in exhibiting and painting plein-air during the Arts festival.
Participating member representing my business, Pagosa Fine Art and Design, LLC, which produced and marketed high-end fine art prints (giclées) of original artwork for local artists.
Including Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design, Also, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and some Flash
Including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
I was born in Berlin, Germany and am fluent in the German language. In addition I read and speak some Spanish. I have also studied and read French and Italian.
I actively enjoy painting in all mediums, illustrating, doing stained glass, and participating in commissioned art projects of varying shapes and sizes. I have been a commissioned artist for several public art projects, including the 2005 San Juan Mountains Association Pumas on Parade project, the 2006 International Parade of Cows – Denver event, and the 2007 through2015, and currently 2016 Cat’n Around Catskill project. In 2010, I started Birdhouses For Humanity, a public art project featuring decorated birdhouses that were auctioned, with proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity of Archuleta County, CO. This project is still going on to this day.
My art has been honored with awards, and has been shown in such prestigious places as the Hudson River Museum of Art, at the Briarcliff Gallery at Pace University, as well as at the Andre Shellingburger Gallery in California, and can be found in the homes of numerous collectors. On a more local level, I am currently on the Board for the The Waterfront Beautification of Western New York Project, working with local and Seneca Nation professional representatives as the project’s creative lead.
While living in Colorado, I collaborated with author A.John Graves as illustrator for a coffee table book of humorous poetry entitled Animal Verses for Grown-Up Children (www.blurb.com.) In addition, I was asked to create the concept and cover art for Coyote Goes Global, a Shaman book on the exploitation of our natural resources (available through Amazon.com). These book publishing experiences came in handy when I was recently asked to design and produce the 100th Anniversary Commemorative Book for Ladas & Parry, LLC, a world-leading intellectual property protection law firm. The YouTurn for this book can be viewed at You Turn Book.
I have served on the board of the Pagosa Springs Arts Council, as well as the board of a community outreach organization which sponsored Art in the Garden fesitival fund-raisers. I currently continue teaching art privately and in groups, including teaching painting on glass through my Drinkable Arts business.
Sabine Baeckmann is a stellar person to have on your team: when I worked with her at Parelli Natural Horsemanship, she was always using her ingenuity to come up with new strategies, thought of things that no other person would even think about, and helped propel PNH to some new heights. All-in-all, I consider Sabine an excellent choice in any field that helps her get her ideas out there: she's fun, an easy person to talk to/get along with both in and out of the job and doesn't shy away from a challenge. It was a great pleasure to work with Sabine during my tenure at PNH (PS: She's also an extremely talented professional artist: I've purchased one of her works which was featured in publication and it's hanging in my home : ) ~ Roger Sanchez: Dynamico Designs LLC” May 12, 2012
Discovering Sabine Baeckmann led to one of the most productive associations in my various careers. Not only is she a superb artist, with a wide variety of skills in a number of various mediums, she also has technical, computer, and business skills rarely found in such a creative person.
We were partnered in a coffee table book project entitled "Animal Verses for Grownup Children." I wrote the verses and she provided beautiful water color illustrations, as well as the complete graphic layout and book design.
Sabine is honest, absolutely dependable, and a delight to work with. If any additional information would be helpful, please feel free to contact me at 970-731-9863*.
A. John Graves
Professor Emeritus of Mass Communication
University of Central Missouri
*The Professor is now deceased. Letter of recommendation available on request.
Sabine was able to help us realize a vision for a book cover. Based on a brief description of what we were trying to accomplish and the tone of the cover art, she was able to produce within a couple of drafts the final version that we used on the book release. She was also able to provide us with the proper formats and layouts required by the publisher. She did a great job and we are extremely pleased with the outcome.
When I decided to design our agency's brochure; I thought I'd have Sabine just go thru it and check for a few grammar errors. Wow was I surprised!! She redesigned the whole brochure. She put a tremendous amount of thought and creativity into this project.She really took an indepth approach to finding out who my audience is and how the brochure was to be used. It looks 100 times better than I thought possible. It has been well received by both new and existing customers. Top Qualities: Great Results, Expert, Creative! I strongly recommend Sabine and the entire team!!"