- Project Management
- Policy Development
- Team Deployment
- Vendor Performance
- Vendor Relations
- Staff Training
- Corporate Communications
- Business Development
- Procedure Development
- Proposal Development
- Internet Infrastructure
A highly motivated and tenacious leader with demonstrated ability to influence and mobilize others to maximize performance. Extremely organized in managing multiple priorities and executing deliverables on time and within budget. Strong analytical and decision-making skills driven by the ability to identify "big picture" implications while balancing risk with efficiency. Able to bring order out of chaos in fast-paced and pressure-intensive situations. Motivated by challenge and recognition for valued contributions. A "generalist" that differentiates from an operational type role with proven success providing innovative solutions to achieve organizational missions.
Consistently seeking knowledge and new challenges to address independently or as part of a cohesive and focused team.
To obtain a challenging management role that will allow me to contribute my extensive experience and skills to a dynamic organization.
1998 - Present
Graduated Cum Laude.
2000 - 2001
- Quality Management, Communications Management, Procurement and Contract Management, Risk Management, Planning and Controlling IT Projects.
1992 - 1998
Graduated Cum Laude.
Activities and Societies: Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society, Iota Chi Chapter.
Apr 1999 - Present
Corp. IT Outsourcing/Strategic Vendor Relations, Business Relationship Lead
- Develop and maintain a global center of excellence for governance for the global organization.
- Subject matter expert for governance, and the creation of tools, policies and procedures.
- Delivery of governance programs to the US organization with development out to the international regions after successful deployment in the US.
1. Provide expertise and advice on development of sound governance programs including key performance indicator development, scoring mechanisms, weighting, measurement processes and frequencies.
2. Continually evaluate governance programs to ensure they are relevant, current with organizational goals and needs and in line with industry trends and best practices.
3. Maintain strong relationships with business units. Frequently solicit input from business users regarding their needs and requirements. Ensure needs and requirements are then covered by governance programs.
4. Communicate the governance strategy and progress to business units. Advise business units on governance programs. Champion the implementation of these programs and solicit business unit buy in.
5. Develop policies and procedures for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of governance programs.
6. Develop and provide training and governance program development tools for business users. Governance programs to include performance management, market management, and demand management.
- Assume broad relationship management with senior level vendor personnel.
- Provide primary point of contact for elevation of issues from both internal and supplier organizations.
- Integrate across organizations to ensure problems and questions are resolved quickly and root cause corrective actions are implemented and standardized.
- Defined PPG's processes for Escalation, Customer Satisfaction Survey, Outsourcing 101 materials for internal customers, etc.
- Persuaded Executive Team on global direction for SLA reporting ticket-reporting tool. Led project to an on time, on budget closure.
- Drive continual vendor performance through key performance metrics.
Jan 2005 - Dec 2007
Adv. Technology Team, Sr. Project Lead
- Identified and negotiated cost savings for the Windows Vista and Office 2007 deployment (~$120K).
- Drive project coordination, marketing, communication, training activities associated with the global desktop implementation and training (Vista and Office 2007) that impacted every PPG computer user.
- Present status and updates to key stakeholders including senior management.
- Develop a formal, structured IT communication and marketing planning process that tailored messages and communication channels for each target audience.
- Developed training process and coordinated efforts, including end-user brown bags for Microsoft Office 2007 Tips and Tricks and IT Technical Training.
- Designed email blasts and newsletters for site launches and event announcements.
- Drove the newsletter concept throughout other business units within PPG.
- Provided newsletter templates and training.
- Recommended concept and developed an 'innovation case study worksheet and template' that could be used to capture consistent data and show potential customers how a solution meets their needs - adopted by PPG's Advanced Technology & Architecture Team.
May 2005 - Dec 2005
E-Business IT, Sr. Project Leader
- Engaged in E-Business role to prioritize troubled and delayed initiatives - responsible to ensure the overall accomplishment of the projects, and accountable for ensuring objectives of the project's assignment.
- Coordinated efforts for Office 2003 migration and training documentation.
- Project managed implementation and training process and documentation of PPG's Productivity Workstation.
- Led initiative for PPG's first industry news RSS subscription for Factiva, division of Dow Jones & Company. This initiative provides business and research information and services for the business and education communities. Factiva products provide access to more than 14,000 sources (such as newspapers, journals, magazines, news and radio transcripts, etc.) from 152 countries in 22 languages, including more than 120 continuously updated newswires.
Aug 2003 - May 2005
Corp. IT Remote Access/Messaging Services, Sr. Project Leader
IT Remote Access/Messaging Services department Sr. Telecommunications Analyst with progressive responsibility to Team Leader.
- Managed Remote Access migration (Technology upgrade), including development of user documentation.
- Managed AntiVirus upgrade.
- Assigned as 'single-resource' to not only migrate departments Wireless Migration, develop & train users, review initial billing, work with IT Managers through obstacles and ensure billing accuracy (overall corporate project savings of ~$1MM).
Feb 2002 - Aug 2003
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst
- Responsible for helping teams and clients define potential solutions and approaches that provide innovative, technology-enabled ways to help clients deliver value to their customers or organizations.
- Identified and articulated opportunities for initial internet upgrade (256k to DS3), providing improved performance and redundancy infrastructure for PPG's global organization.
- Change agent including project manager to implement internet infrastructure.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills to be a focal point for end-users and developers for internet related activities available with the increased infrastructure.
- Identified opportunity, coordinated RFP, and project managed implementation of redundant Firewall environment.
- New Firewall product from vendor, along with PPG's business requirements pushed the product beyond what vendor could support requiring extensive risk, resource, relationship and customer management.
- Participated in Remote Access RFP and implementation initiative (~$1MM annual savings).
- Guided PPG's IT Purchasing through RFP process.
- RFP template adopted by PPG's IT Purchasing Team.
- Assisted in creation of PPG's Tele-worker Policy Check list.
- Coordinated and designed a PPG site-to-site, extranet, and client VPN model.
- Received IT Special Achievement Award for the successful implementation of the ANX (Automotive Network Exchange) connection for PPG's OEM Glass Business Unit and business partner, Ford Motor Co.
Apr 1999 - Feb 2000
PPG Industries, Inc.
- Design and implementation of Router Redundancy and ISDN backup for PPG's Flat Glass locations.
- Catalyst and project managed for driving the AT&T local service project (~$356K 3-year savings).
- Established and coordinated the first Concord Reports to review network performance to Business Units.
- Implemented marketing program to inform users of the benefits and cost savings opportunities for PPG's 'calling card' program, including the PPG's first internal website.
Apr 1997 - Apr 1999
formerly Bell Atlantic
- Work with customers to develop business relationships and maintain continued expansion of sales and services.
- Assist customers with technology through support and services.
- Design proposals for networking and business communications solutions and present to customers.
- Knowledge in products and services, Local and IntraLata services, Toll-Free Services, Calling Cards, Dial-tone services including Centrex options, Feature Group Lines (FGA), and Internet access.
- Project and Leadership involvement (Bell Atlantic Pittsburgh Office initiative included a communications team that developed a two-week plan to remove paper information that could be provided via the Intranet).
- Elected by peers and management to attend the GBS Strategic Intent-2001: Excellence in Employee Relations and Perfection in Customer Services and assist in the growth process and map out path toward a more communicative environment.
- Generate sales leads.
- Consistently exceeded sales objective (~111% of prorated sales).
- Consistently recipient of the Quarterly Associate Team Based Incentive Pay Plan.
Oct 1995 - Apr 1997
Account Executive-Commercial Markets Telecommunications
- Analyze business procedures and records for potential re-engineering through technology.
- Maintain market share through competitive awareness; analyze data and coordinate marketing efforts.
- Design proposals for networking and business communications solutions and present to customers.
- Support operations/organizations by attending and assisting in Trade Shows, e.g., Business-to-Business Events hosted by The Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce.
- Identified the need and designed a program tailored for sales funnel monitoring which was accepted as the standard form of reporting.
- Provided training classes along with individual support as required for the new sales funnel report and process.
- First individual in Central Region to assist customers in incorporating and augmenting current marketing and sales campaigns with AT&T Designer Calling Cards.
- Exceeded all eCommerce sales objectives by 2nd Quarter.
- Ranked #1 in the Central Region for retaining customers due to ability to quickly restore client confidence in danger of being lost due to deteriorated relationships.
Jan 1994 - Oct 1995
Administrative Assistant-Computerized Information Systems
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Support and liaison function between Executive and all five sub-departments including Help Desk, Operations, Medical Records, Telecommunications and Project Implementation.
- Assist in development of long-range technical and operational plans.
- Prepare and assist in presentations on strategic business plans to hospital executive staff.
- Project manager for IT projects that included writing and preparing RFI's, RFP's, and manage consultant, vendor, and staff relationships.
Sep 1986 - Jan 1994
GM HBC Retails Sales Counselor-Pittsburgh Division
General Merchandise / Health and Beauty Care Retail Sales Counselor
- Responsible for new product, promotions, and services introductions throughout six territories in four states (PA, WVA, OH, and MD, budgetary responsibility of ~$ 9.6MM).
- Marketing experience included Shop 'N Saves, County Markets, and Foodland stores.
- Developed forecasts and budgets based on market analysis, local trends, input from store and department managers.
- Responsibilities included inventory selection, inventory mix, and merchandise and display management.
- Often called in to "rescue" troubled Grand Openings.
Assistant to Sr. Buyer
- Interface and relationship management with Sales Representatives, Store Managers and Warehouse employees.
- Negotiated and managed contracts, implemented purchase orders and monitored shipments.
- Designed, implemented and managed Direct Shipment Program.