I am looking for employment in the Nonprofit/Social Service sector. I hope to use my skills in program design and evaluation, advocacy, and cultural competence to serve the needs of citizens in the Southeastern Michigan area. I am looking to obtain a position as a Program Coordinator or Project Manager.
Jun 2008 - Present
• Supporting a caseload of eighteen individuals with developmental disabilities• Connecting persons supported by the agency to community resources and benefits• Bringing together family, friends, and community supports to most comprehensively address needs of the persons supported by the agency, through person centered planning • Empowering the persons supported by the agency to achieve their goals
Nov 2007 - Jun 2008
MSW Intern- Community Impact Dept.
• Developed workshop objectives for two leadership programs which equip LGBT individuals and persons of color in Columbus with the tools to serve effectively on a Nonprofit board• Compiled a list of "Best Practices", used in the development of common program outcomes for all United Way of Central Ohio-funded agencies• Served on a Grant Review team for the Neighborhood Partnership Grants • Created a User's Guide for United Way's Cultural Competency Standards
Jun 2007 - Jun 2008
• Compiling survey results for educational programs and reporting results to presenters• Processing Evaluation survey data for 300 participants at a state-wide conference• Recording and managing data for conference registrations in Microsoft Excel• Copying, collating, faxing, and other office duties
Apr 2006 - Oct 2007
Aug 2006 - May 2007
• Facilitated Volunteer and Client Orientations• Conducted volunteer group meetings, and client interviews• Served as a liaison between Big Brothers Big Sisters and Eastern Michigan University
May 2005 - May 2006
• Offered emotional and academic support and on and off campus resources to residents• Planned and implemented educational/social programs to educate and inform residents including an LGBT Ally training, a Communication program, and a Body Image program,• Served the needs of residents on my floor and in the Residence Hall• Enforced Hall policies and maintained safety in the hall• Mediated conflicts between residents/roommates