Project Manager/Consultant with over 8 years of project management and healthcare consulting experience in business intelligence and systems implementation. Experience in leading multi-functional teams through all stages of a project life cycle and system development.
Project Manager/Consultant looking to apply a combination of experience and education to meet client expectations.
Jun 2005 - Present
Various Consulting Positions
Conulting Engagement Summary
Developed and implemented core business foundations from operations, finance, and marketing; providing clients with customized Digital Signage solutions from simple networked Digital Signage to Revenue Sharing Models.
Agency: Insight Global
Client: Kaiser Permanente Southern California Region
Position: Solutions Consultant
Provided coordination and delivery of multi-project assets in a matrix organization to meet client expectations such as vendor and product assesments, solution alternatives, to regulatory and compliance such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
Position: Senior Consultant/Project Manager
Managed the planning, delivery and support of Benefits Engine Module for Epic Systems' Tapestry Application across multiple departments and project teams in a functional organization.
Feb 2002 - Oct 2005
National Health Connect Benefits Build Team – Project Manager/Consultant
- 100% Travelto the various regions of Kaiser Permanente
- Provided Leadership to National Health Connect Benefits Build Team
- Provided pivotal, region-wide support and ongoing status monitoring for Epic Benefit Build System; utilize in-depth ability to recognize system issues and coordinate with testing team in order to automate all aspects of testing processes, configuration issues and smooth functionality.
- Manage and submit comprehensive resource requests to facilitate project completions within tight time frames and budget constraints.
- Conduct on-going training for technical personnel on all aspects of QA and testing methodologies.
- Support business case generation to align front end clinical staff through gap analysis.
- Designated as Subject Matter Expert for several areas: Benefits Engine, Integration of Epic and Diamond.
- Managed Epic and Diamond testing, system implementation, data validation procedures and synchronization.
- Facilitated system updates at important IT meetings and kept key IT personnel apprised of process designs.
- Provided troubleshooting/and resolved benefits data issues and provided staff education concerning Epic/Diamond systems.
- Designed processes, solved system problems, developed surveys/questionnaires/interview questions, modeled financials and reviewed work in progress.
- Used numerous analytical tools to improve system functionality including training, performance metrics development, proposals, reports, implementation plans, troubleshooting and system maintenance.
Benefit Systems Management - Project Analyst
- Contribute to problem solving, process design, and analytical support in a project environment, as well as an independent setting
- Assist in development and utilizes requirements gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines projects and functional areas
- Prepare and recommend preliminary interpretations and suggestions through the use of project proposals, reports, implementation plans, performance measurement tools, training materials
- Coordinate the care of KP Health Plan members at non-Plan facility for possible admission, discharge or Inter transfer, utilizing Utilization Management guidelines and principles.
- Initiate contact with the affiliated Intensivist Physicians after notification by EPRP staff regarding a potential admission or transfer of KP Health Plan members.
- Utilize the various KP systems, such as KPDS, OCPS, OPS, FS, Filemaker and department to ensure the appropriate coordination of activities and information for the admission of KP Health Plan member to a non-Plan facility. Notify the assigned Outside Utilization Coordinator of admission and provide the appropriate documentation regarding the admission.
- Coordinate and facilitate follow-up care needs of the KP Health Plan members in plan as requested and/or as per operational guidelines, policies and procedures. Ensures that the next day evaluations, etc. are performed and the results are then provided to the affiliated Intensivist Physicians.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies for the Affiliated Intensivist Network Program.
- Liaison with the affiliated Intensivist Physicians and KP operations including EPRP and COUM (Centralized Outside Util. Mgmt.). Perform additional duties as needed.
Aug 2000 - Nov 2001
Aetna US Healthcare
Claims Benefits Specialist
- Participated as a member of the First Claim Resolution committee.
- Participated on multiple projects including the Palomar/Pomerado and CPMG projects that saved the company money through a period of contract renewal and reimbursements.
- Lead a small group of 3 to reduce turn around time for target claims from 14 days to 24 hours within a span of six weeks through workflow allocation, follow-up and monitoring.
- Implemented a system of macros for the Rumba screen, which assisted with the prompt handling of claims.
- Initiated various tracking systems on Excel and Access.
- Assist with the supervision of 20 Full Time Employees such as training and troubleshooting problems.
- Awarded Employee of the Month, Quality Incentive Award, and Pathfinder Gold Award.