socialcomputing, collaboration, communities, socialnetworks, web2.0, socialnetworking, knowledgemanagement, web20forbiz, knowledgeview, km, knowledgesharing, socialsoftware, dedication, "analytical skills", KnowledgeSharing, multi-talented, team, approachable, helpful, "analyze and implement software solutions", Teamwork, technical collaboration, troubleshooting, "problem resolution", "project planning", SoftwareTesting, testing, WebSphere, applications,"software development", lifecycle, Support Process, "Asset Management Applications", "change management", "relationship management", Notes, Domino, Sametime, Solutions, Quickplace, Quickr, Blogs, Wikis, Dogear, "Lotus connections", "Knowledge Management Strategy", Strategy, Virtual Teaming, collaborative computing applications
"I've worked with Adam almost since the beginning when he first joined IBM from Mainspring. First he was my go-to guy with spreadsheet questions, and over the years the list of reasons to go to Adam has continued to grow. I've been lucky to work with him in both formal organization roles and informal community roles. Either way, it's always a pleasure, and his responsiveness and willingness to help are just icing on the cake of getting the problem-solving answers I need." May 28, 2008
Alice Dunlap-Kraft, Organization change consultant, IBMworked directly with Adam at IBM
"Adam provides knowledge management support to the team I work in. He regularly goes above and beyond in helping, comes up with creative solutions for problems, and does so willingly and in a friendly and helpful manner. It is a pleasure to work with colleagues like Adam." May 14, 2008
Andrea (Blumberg) Andreasson, Senior Managing Consultant, IBMworked with Adam at IBM
"I have spent many years working with Adam and throughout that time he has demonstrated consistent professionalism and dedication. Adam has always been diligent in the way that he has managed client support and has been a very active contributor to team calls; he is always willing to take on new challenges and help out team members." May 13, 2008
Adam Coulson, Requirements Analyst, IBM Global Servicesworked directly with Adam at IBM
"Adam has been a valued member of our team for 5 years. He joined us from a KM support role in the Strategy & Change practice, bringing with him valuable experience including build/support of a portal for S&C. Initially supporting our specification and documentation needs, he went on to become a key member of our technical support team. Pro-active, responsive, always willing to think outside the box, he has proven to be passionate about end user support and has the customer feedback and recognition to prove it. Additionally Adam has always kept up his involvement in the communities space, contributing to KM communities, testing new tools and volunteering for cross-IBM working groups whenever opportunity presented itself. Experienced virtual worker, valued member of a global team, dedicated, enthusiastic..... For anyone looking for a resource in the technical support, testing, communities or knowledge management space among others, I'd recommend you set up a time to talk to Adam." May 12, 2008
Chris Cooper, GBS Global Knowledge Sharing Solutions Lead, IBMmanaged Adam at IBM
"Adam is on the core leadership team of the Knowledge & Collaboration Community for IBM. He is one of 17 leadership members representing a community of over 2,500 global IBMers. Adam has demonstrated leadership skills in bringing in speakers for the community, participating in sub-community groups, volunteering to help with community activities, and always willing to share his talent and time. Adam would be an asset to any team. When Adam signs up to do something, it is done with quality and on time. Always a pleasure to work with Adam." May 11, 2008
Sandy Yarchin, Collaboration & Knowledge Sharing Consultant, IBMworked with Adam at IBM
"Adam is a very solution oriented, approachable and responsive colleague. He will always try to help out whenever he can providing high-quality assistance with clear attention to detail. He is a real team player and has expert knowledge within his specialist area." May 9, 2008
Isabel Aherne, Content Strategy Specialist, IBM Global Business Servicesworked with Adam at IBM
"Adam served on the core team of our KCBlue Community (Knowledge sharing & Collaboration in IBM) and was an active participant, always willing to help, volunteered to contribute in many ways, and was thorough in following through on the things he signed up for --- net: he is/was a great team player as well as individual contributor." May 8, 2008
Lynn Busby, Community Facilitator, IBMworked with Adam at IBMKnowledge Management Specialist Business Consulting Services - Institute for Business Value IBM
"I would like to recommend Adam for your organization as a seasoned professional in Knowledge Management, Communities of Practice, and Social Networking/collaboration technologies. I have worked with Adam as both a supervisor and a peer for over 8 years. He is flexible in all business environments and has a wide range of skills from Knowledge Management to Communities of Practice. He excels in roles that showcase his abilities for success using enabling technologies for virtual collaboration. He is a champion of social networking and related tools. In the IBM environment of today, all BUs and team require a level of virtual collaboration and virtual delivery. Adam can provide a great support to bring any community or team into a virtual space or help you improve your community/team effectiveness in the virtual environment we work in. Adams skill is not the tool itself but the ability to make it work and add value to the organization. I would be happy to provide a reference for Adam. Please feel free to contact me for an endorsement or formal reference for Adam Reich." November 17, 2008
Mary Ellen Sullivan, Global Knowledge Manager, IBMmanaged Adam at IBM
Creative Technical Support Professional with an extensive background in knowledge management, collaborative computing applications and expertise in analyzing, implementing & testing global software solutions. Proven leadership skills, ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions, with positive attitude and passion for customizing technical solutions to maximize on-the-job performance. Recognized by peers for having unique ability to bridge gaps between technology and people to effectively build communities of practice.
Lotus Connections, Websphere Portal, Quickr, Quickplace, Teamrooms, Lotus Notes/Designer, SameTime
Testing and Development:
Rational RequisitePro, Rational Test manager, Bugzilla, MySQL, PHP, HTML
Social Web Applications:
Wikis - Confluence, MediaWiki Blogs - Wordpress, Connections Social Bookmarking - Delicious, Dogear, Magnolia
Windows 98/ NT/ XP, DOS, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, OpenOffice, Firefox/ Flock/ IE
1997 - Present
En Garde Arts
Developed all production schedules and plans to install all scenic elements, and hired and trained a 20-person crew.
2004 - 2009
Technical Support Specialist
IBM, Global Business Services - Learning & Knowledge
Provided technical support for KnowledgeView, a complex, global knowledge sharing application with function point count of 9,897 and user base of approximately 123,000 registrants.
- Improved user satisfaction by 99% working with user community, identified and resolved technical issues; prioritized issue resolution and managed end-user expectations.
- Ensured positive global teaming experiences. Managed collaborative tools and team spaces for virtual teams in India, China, North & South America, Europe and Australia.
- Reduced server costs by 29% by leading data migration projects that consolidated multiple repositories into a single source and eliminated 19,000 redundant documents form the knowledge management system.
- Maintained and improved knowledge management support process: Prioritized issues to allow for quarterly maintenance releases and established a new process to guarantee access to system within 24 hours per service level agreements.
- Trained new member of technical support team on procedure, process and application functions for rapid integration with support team and clients.
- Headed up launch of e-mail enabled discussion functionality for 17 communities of practice and provided on going technical support for 67 communities by creating enablement documentation, training core teams and escalating issue to develop team for immediate resolution. Provided an environment for knowledge sharing and expertise location.
2003 - 2004
Project Manager Specifications/Documentation
IBM, Global Business Services - Learning & Knowledge
Led effort to create technical and end-user support documentation for KnowledgeView.
- Managed all technical documentation and developed technical specifications greatly reducing scope creep and conflict between development team and client resulting in on time deployment of 9 major releases.
- Wrote and executed test cases and use cases; managed sub-team to create additional test cases.
- Collaborated with clients to define development requirements, improved system performance and gained stakeholders trust; managed process using Rational RequisitePro.
- Created and maintained end-user help documentations embedded in knowledge management system which provide real-time access to all users.
2001 - 2003
Knowledge Management Specialist
IBM, Business Consulting Services - Institute for Business Value
Tracked and managed usage of information services as part of the information resource team.
- Led testing and documentation for deployment of Websphere portal and Notes database that created knowledge management system to house content from Mainspring and home for newly created content.
- Launched, populated, and updated Websphere portal and databases for global teams; trained and registered 399 new users.
- Increased work capacity for delivery and proposals teams, launched multiple QuickPlaces, and administered client and internal case teams.
- Delivered training and mentoring to new hires and teams acquired through acquisitions for more effective teaming and decreasing time need before consultant could be deployed to the field.
2000 - 2001
Knowledge Management Specialist
Served on team of 4 that administered QuickPlace environments for internal project teams. Provided technical support, harvested work products from client engagements, managed research subscription services and launched and administered QuickPlaces.
1999 - 2000
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Patriot Mortage Company
Helped clients find the right mortgage to meet their needs, within a volatile financial market; coordinated multiple efforts across tight deadlines; provided IT support as needed.
1997 - 1999
Assistant Technical Director
North Shore Music Theatre
Supervised technical and design staff developed and engineered mechanized systems and maintained budgets and inventory control.
1991 - 1997
Specialized in building mechanized scenery and welding. Union member IATSE Local 534.