Manger – Tanker Commercial
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
Currently working for Tanker Commercial Department of Bulk & Tanker Division of SCI I have acquired enhanced knowledge and experience in handling various voyages of different fixtures and markets with wide range of tankers. Specialized in Crude Oil Trade mostly of VLCC, Suzemax and Aframax both cross trade and in lndia.
LR –II, Aframax, Suzemax, Panamax, VLCC and product tankers as owner. Also experienced in handling inchartered vessel operation.
- Receive fixture recap for CP / COA contracts, Voyage orders. Communicate clear voyage instructions and lay down voyage plan with Vessel staff.
- Manage all operational aspects of assigned vessels in accordance with operational procedures including but not limited to:
- Issue voyage instructions, suitably negotiate and appoint agents, optimize voyage profitability taking into account speed and tank cleaning instructions.
- Supervise and verify all voyage and cargo information processed between office, vessels and charterers in accordance with the charter party requirements.
- Liaise with Technical Managers concerning vessels safety, navigation and cargo work to ensure compliance with company procedures and industry mandatory requirements.
- Coordinate with charterers and Master to make the most effective stowage plan.
- Manage and supervise bunker procurement for assigned area in close co-ordination with Bunker Management in Singapore.
- Check and prepare as necessary relevant voyage, cargo and port documentation required by principals for raising demurrage and off-hire claims.
- Enhance operational effectiveness by coordinating ships non-revenue activities including but not limited to bunkers, stores, vetting, crew change to optimise maximum uptime at the least cost to the company.
- Analysis C/P information on Freight, Charter Hires, charterers claims, insurance claims and settle it effectively at the earliest.
- Ensure that all financial requirements, funding and invoicing for each voyage are promptly arranged and correctly disbursed.
- Co-ordinate with lighterage cell for safe lighterage operations.
- Analyze all vessel voyage performance to highlight any underperformance, downtime or any other operational issues and take action accordingly.
- To compile detail variance report with pre voyage and post voyage results.
- To maintain the remittance status and ensure minimum outstanding with prompt follow up.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements in operational costs, turnaround time etc.
- Train & coach operators, interns to enhance team’s overall knowledge & performance
- Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures and in the development of the overall Shipping operational strategy of the division.
- Certified Internal Auditor for ISO.
- Managed to get all due promotions on time and has maintained a steady good CR report
- MICS 2011
- Executive Committee Member of WIPS