Graphic Designer, Communication Specialist, Executive Assistant (Marketing), Marketing Coordinator
Reading, art, writing poetry, jewelry making, woodburning art, scrapbooking, and anything creative.
Welcome to my VisualCV! Thanks for taking the time to review my professional highlights and portfolio. Samples of my work can be found in the right hand column as well as at the bottom of my CV. Reviews and recommendations can also be found in the right column underneath my portfolio.
Thank you for your consideration and have a fantastic day!
Summary of Qualifications
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, Outlook, and Visio)
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Adobe InDesign CS4
- Lotus Notes,
- Crystal Reports 11
- Maximo (CMMS)
- Maintenance Connection (CMMS)
- DataStream (CMMS),
- AutoCad and Unigraphics
- Market Research
- Corporate event and entertainment planning.
- Maintain and update company website.
- Internet marketing with Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Sales: “Rookie of the Year” for Lexington division, Home Interiors Inc.
- Tracking Advertising Campaigns.
- Graphics design for multi-million dollar government presentations.
- Create metrics, graphs, charts, and visual instructions.
- Layout and design of corporate newsletters.
- Develop online newsletters (PDF)
- Design corporate brochures, advertisements, and booklets.
- Create Illustrations.
- Photo enhancements using Photoshop
- Photo scanning and photography.
- Prepare slideshows and QuickTime movies.
- Coordinate work for thirty (30) maintenance technicians for 1.5 million square feet of building space and property.
- Schedule, plan, and track over 200+ projects per year.
- Speaker for TPM (Total Predictive Maintenance) and Lean Practices, CMMS Implementation Process presentations.
- Project Coordinator of Government Contract Proposal Team which coordinates the configuration control for multi-million dollar government proposals (DOE, DoD, NASA, private sector).
- Team Leader for the following teams: TPM Team, Inventory WIN team, CMMS Team, and Training Team.
- Typing 55+ wpm
- Customer service skills
- Multi-line phone system
- Report and proposal writing
- Travel arrangements
- Budget tracking
- Database creation and maintenance.
- Purchasing, vendor relations, budget report preparation, and inventory control.
- Drafting and design, both conventional and computer aided.
- Create Bills of Material (BOM).
- Create and revise assembly drawings and interpret blueprints.
- Prepare architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Design floor plans and office layouts for government buildings.
- Write ISO procedures and company policies.
- Create “Visual Workplace” for manufacturing facility.
- Organize offices, stockrooms and tool rooms.
Feb 2010 - Present
Quality Control Coordinator
Creates and manages complex database
Processes Quality Control Department inspections
Communicates with owners and vendors daily
Design reports, forms, spreadsheets, and run queries on data.
Conducts property set-ups and decommissions as needed.
Prepares letters, memorandums, and other correspondence.
Participate, prepares agendas and records minutes for weekly Service Coordinator Meeting.
Trains co-workers on database functions.
Writes vendor and inspector tickets and dispatch as needed.
Sep 2008 - Feb 2009
Marketing Executive Assistant
Belle Island Village
- Maintain company website by uploading photos, text, and company newsletter.
- Create presentation to promote Belle Island Village.
- Prepare budgets for marketing and entertainment department.
- Track advertisements and promotions.
- Edit copy for marketing materials.
- Assist in the coordination of promotional events.
- Create QuickTime promo movies.
- Internet marketing (Facebook, and Twitter).
- Managed customer database and bulk email program.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for advertising.
Feb 2004 - Sep 2008
Coordinator of Support Services, Maintenance
- Develop and maintain management database.
- Plan and schedule work for 30+ employees.
- Prepare progress reports of all PBA facilities.
- Design training manuals, presentations, and floor plans.
- Track work orders for all PBA maintained facilities and grounds.
- Provide software training to city, county, and PBA employees.
- Review and approve all work requests.
- Create job plans and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Designed safety orientation program for new employees.
- Write policies and procedures for Maintenance Department.
- Supervise Inventory Specialist and temporary employees.
- Organized inventory in all PBA stockrooms and created bar coding system.
Oct 1997 - Dec 2003
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance work.
- Create "visual" workplace. Photographing gauges and equipement and write instructions.
- Prepare graphic presentations for customers and upper management.
- Photographed all employees to create 'visual" organizational chart.
- Organized and maintained inventory storeroom.
- Purchased all equipment and parts for manufacturing machines.
- Developed job plans for CNC machinery.
- Prepared and tracked department budget.
Aug 1996 - Sep 1997
- Supported designers on various design projects.
- Prepared reports, letters, memos, etc.
- Worked with AS400 application.
- Maintained engineering change orders.
- Created visual biographies for all Link-Belt employees.
Feb 1995 - Mar 1996
Marketing Senior Secretary/Communcations Specialist
- Prepared multimillion dollar government proposals.(NASA, DoD, and DOE.)
- Designed corporate monthly newsletter. (8,000 copies distributed monthly)
- Assisted with design of corporate website.
- Laid out and designed marketing materials (Ad, brochures, pamphlets, manuals, illustrations, etc.)
- Coordinated all corporate events. (Picnics, retirements, corporate meetings, etc.)
- Created visual presentations, both national and international.
- Interacted with printers and vendors on design projects.
- Market research for Director of Marketing.
- Assisted with preparation for trade shows with Director of Communications.
Oct 1991 - Aug 1995
Administrative Assistant II/CAD Operator
- Created mechanical detail and assembly drawings using CAD systems as well as conventional methods.
- Developed Bills of Materials based on detail drawings.
- Purchased parts and equipment for manufacturing equipment.
- Prepared monthly highlight reports.
- Tracked department expenses.
- Packaged drawings for vendor estimates.
- Scheduled travel and prepared expense reports.
Microsoft Office Suite
I designed this logo for my freelance graphic business
Illustration. Adobe Illustrator. (student project)
Logo for Northstar Travel Agency. Photoshop
Collage promoting visiting Pigeon Forge, TN. Adobe Photoshop.
Website for family photo album.
Community Website Template. Adobe Photoshop.
Blues & Rock CD Cover. Adobe Photoshop.
Letterhead for Art Studio. Adobe Illustrator.
California Promo Postcard. Adobe Photoshop
Small Time Players CD Cover
James and the Giant Peach Poster
Xanadu Hair Designers Logo. Adobe Illustrator
Illustration Logo. Adobe Illustrator.
Ad design project. Adobe Illustrator.
Greeting Card Illustration. Adobe Illustrator.
La Mirage Logo. Adobe Illustrator.
Magazine cover project. Adobe Photoshop.
Web Banner. Adobe Photoshop. (student project)