Director, Marketing and Promotions 2003 - 2005
Responsible for strategizing, planning and implementation of B2B and promotional print, radio, DRTV spots, point-of-purchase, out-of-home, collateral and packaging. Managed integrated programs to establish and maintain positive brand awareness. Ensured continual benchmarking of offers, messaging and creative elements for the wireless industry and other categories. Hired and managed direct reports. Developed and managed annual budgets over $50 million.
- Participated in the development of the new Sprint brand including retail and brand initiatives
- Directed promotional creative to achieve a balance among straightforward messaging, creative attention-getting power and brand elements
- Developed new marketing opportunities to maximize store traffic, call volume and web visits
- Supported the growth of the Indirect channel, National Retailers and specifically company-owned stores from 200 to over 800
- Worked closely with sales channelsto continually fill the pipeline with leads through various marketing tactics
- Generated new business opportunities in selected markets and customer segments through partner marketing campaigns, promotions and events to support the retail channels
- Used research for enhancing creative product; set objectives for research and implemented findings working with research providers
- Motivated team to reach aggressive goals and worked effectively together to think "out of the box"
- Managed advertising agencies and drove performance and on time/on budget delivery
Sr. Manager, Advertising and Retail Marketing 2000 - 2003
Participated in the Advertising and Media agency search and drove the new brand message within B2B and retail channel marketing initiatives. Developed the look and feel of the company-owned stores for the initial launch of 200 locations. Developed creative and media plans to support B2B marketing and the Retail program including Grand Opening and holiday initiatives. Hired and managed direct reports. Developed and managed budgets over $35 million.
- Supported the Indirect channel with a library of approved customizable marketing and advertising materials, as well as, managed the process for co-op review and reimbursement
- Facilitated Indirect channel communication of company news, product launches and marketing campaigns
- Drove the creative development for the Retail store environment including permanent graphics, point-of-purchase, brand messaging and other store requirements
- Launched Nextel's National tradeshow program focused on vertical markets including booth development, show selection, pre and post-marketing to attendees, collateral support, logistics, staffing and lead distribution
- Developed and implemented B2B technology events with partners such as Forbes and Fortune to discuss wireless solutions and services from Nextel and provide qualified leads for direct sales
- Led the development of creative and production of the Nextel Center of Excellence; astate-of-the-art wireless presentation facility that conveys Nextel as a wireless industry leader and was customizable to showcase products and applications to address the needs of the enterprise customer
- Developed brand and promotional print/radio, customizable ads and promotional merchandise to support the inaugural year of the NASCAR® NEXTEL Cup Series
Manager, Collateral and Packaging 1997 - 1999
Created a portfolio of consistent collateral to support new products and service offerings. Responsible for consolidating inventory management and fulfillment of company collateral. Developed and evolved handset and accessory packaging and inbox components. Developed and managed annual budgets.
- Developed themed events including videos, collateral and show plan to support handset launches
- Developed print and radio creative to support Corporate Account and Nextel Worldwide initiatives
- Developed Nextel's first Corporate Image and Identity Guide
- Drove the development of the Nextel Driver Safety icon and program implementation