- Transfer of products from continent to continent by beating the time lines.
- Acquired one plastic manufacturing operation in Shenzhen in 1999 and than went to develop Asia wide Plastic manufacturing operations.
- Integrating operations in Asia which came through Acquisitions in China, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Developed Local customer base in India which included Reliance industries, Onida , BPL, schlumberger.
- Grew revenue from $24M to over $800 Million which included three Greenfield operations in the areas of Electronics, Plastics and Mechanical enclosures.
- Increased profitability by 300% and ROI by 30%. This was achieved due to effective supply chain and process improvement.
- Helped achieve 20% saving in mechanical materials for X Box which has close to Billion dollars spent.
Leader who performs well, in multinational environment. Adept at managing, all phases of product life cycle with key emphasis on operational excellence. Well traveled with experience in USA, Europe and Asia.
Nov 2006 - Present
The Lake Line Group
Provide leadership in identifying cost saving supply base and coordinate the transfer of products.
- The company helps provide solutions in electronics industry to optimize there operations by either moving the operations or by divestiture.
- Head Project management to start India operations for Teleplan global provider of after market warranty and reverse logistics services. This involved all aspects of operations ranging from start up, supply chain to product logistics and dispersal.
- Head project management for the French based SAFT Power systems for divestiture of there operations in Romania and Malaysia and moving them to EMS thus saving them 20% on the total spent.
Jun 2005 - Sep 2006
The objective in this opportunity was to identify suppliers and factories for Frog Design a subsidiary of Flextronics that is world leader in Design services.
- Delivered comprehensive strategy for high margin, low cost hardware design services for communications equipment and devices to complement Flextronics Software Systems’ offerings.
- Established network of Asian factories and suppliers as potential partners to frog design, a Flextronics subsidiary that is the world leader in industrial design.
- Established strategy and processes to drive growth of Flextronics Software Systems’ “Onsite Services” green field opportunity.
Dec 1999 - Jun 2005
General Manager/VP operations and Business development Asia
The mandate was to provide leadership role in running and expanding the operations within Asia with complete responsibility of P&L. . Achieved all results successfully by growing YOY by 60% with double digit margins.
- Operations included Electronics, Plastics and Metal Enclosures businesses. The total revenues from these operations were 800 million and growing.
- Doubled the capacity in existing mechanical plants to accommodate more business and also added high speed painting lines.
- Helped supply chain partners to co locate within the campus. This helped to reduce the inventory burden and faster changes and turn around. This helped customer savings to 8% a year
- Plastic operations were a JV but due to business we took over the complete operations and expanded the operations from 70 Machines to over 800 injection molding machines. This helped in increasing the revenue from 25 Million a year to 300 Million.
- This was not only done in China but was also responsible for acquisitions and integration of companies in complete Asia
- Green field operations in Shanghai (China) and (Senai) Malaysia.
- Products manufactured by segments were consumer, computer peripherals and telecom
- Assumed responsibility to grow business in India and achieved sales from 5 Million to 75 Million.
Dec 1998 - Dec 1999
Senior Project Manager
The Key objective was to transfer the product lines from Sweden to China for mass production with responsibility to choose the supply partners in China for said products.
- Accomplished seamless transfer of product knowledge, decommissioning of product lines, Identifying Supply partners and moving the lines over to china with 0 hit on production.
- Accomplished the task within a year which amounted to 50% reduction in time and 30% in cost for customer.
- After the successful transfer of products I moved to China to assume the responsibility to run operations.
Aug 1991 - Mar 1997
- Completed full training and ranked among the top 10 in the course
- Completed various Army training courses such as Young officers, Commando and Army training for Mechanical
- Was made the adjutant of the Battalion and reported directly to the commanding officer
- As adjutant had complete responsibility of training and discipline of entire battalion.
- Unit achieved top percentile in Administrative and war readiness inspections.
- Concentration on sales and marketing in emerging India marketplace.
- Consulting project leader focusing on the Indian steel industry.
- Awarded top honors on the Thesis.