Cross Border Transactions
- Assistance in cross border transactions by undertaking detailed technical researches to determine transactional implications.
- Analysing various agreements, such as Share Purchase agreements, Business Transfer agreements, Channel acquisition, distribution and Ad sales agreements, Technical collaboration agreements, Inter Company Service agreements.
- Analysing the modalities of various funding options, such as Equity, Preference capital, External Commercial Borrowings from exchange control, cost effectiveness, tax impact, regulatory and client feasibility perspective.
- Advising on various profit extraction and exit strategies, such as diverse class of shares, cost sharing, cost plus revenue models, overseas investments, mitigating withholding tax obligation.
- Advising Indian Promoters on various corporate re-organization strategies, such as consolidation of shareholding, open offer to public, court schemes, share buyback, corporate debt restructuring
- Advised clients on in-bound and out-bound investments, including entity structure planning, jurisdictional analysis to identify tax efficient jurisdictions for routing the investments.
- Advice on high-end technical issues, such as ring fencing, tax efficient supply chain models, holding company structures, foreign tax credits, profit repatriation and treaty interpretation.
- Identifying potential permanent establishment exposure for the clients by studying existing business models and suggesting alternative structures to mitigate the risks.
- Preparation of presentations/ reports/ advises detailing implications of the transactions/ contracts entered into by clients and providing recommendations.
- Assisting clients in obtaining initial set-up and ongoing regulatory approvals (including, Reserve Bank of India, Foreign Investment Promotion Board, Securities & Exchange Board of India, Information & Broadcasting Ministry, Revenue authorities).
- Assisting counsels and Senior Counsels in formulating strategy to be adopted before the Tribunals, Authority for Advance Ruling.
- Developing and strengthening client relationships.
- Contributing extensively to key Firm initiatives.
- Delivering presentations to clients and conducting training sessions internally for group constituents.
- Managing engagement revenues and keeping track of work in progress.
- Ensuring compliance with internal quality and risk management measures.
- Mentoring junior colleagues, recommending suitable avenues for training and evaluating their performance.