I provide strategic event and meeting management skills that leads and keeps my team several steps ahead of project goals while providing clients with great service major returns on their investment.
Jun 2011 - Present
Senior Event Manager
Organize and supervise all aspects of event strategy and planning from time of assignment, to successful implementation, operation, completion, and post reporting. Serve as Manager on Duty in charge of all facilities and personnel during each event.
- Develop and implement plans for client functions, symposiums, conferences, programs, banquets, receptions, and executive meetings/briefings. Collaborate with client to ensure events meet business objectives
- Respond to requests for locating sites for events. Define client’s needs and ensure facilities availability and resources to meet client’s programmatic and logistic requirements.
- Inform customers of basic policies and procedures concerning services and equipment, applicable building policies, codes, and laws of the state such as fire marshal requirements, as well as all additional services for which they will be charged.
- Act as a liaison to outside service contractors including security, food service, decorating, marketing, audio visual, parking facilities, and hotels. Coordinate outside suppliers logistical needs.
- Review event orders submitted by sub-contractors including food & beverage, audio visual-in house contractors, decorator logistical plans, and security.
- Ensure pre-event load-in, set up, and operational plan has been executed as defined on function sheet, and confirm space, in-house, and contractor staffing levels.
- Oversee the production of the event in a pro-active manner, act as liaison between client, building staff, operations, administration, and contractors.
- Complete post event evaluations inclusive of head counts (meals, attendance, exhibits, etc) against project objectives.
May 2007 - May 2013
Programming & Media Operations Manager
Managed and supported overall operations of Programming and Media department. Aspects included: creative planning, research, artist/talent liaison, contracting, external and internal communications, staffing (paid and volunteer), and event management.
- Determined staffing requirements; and interviewed, hired and trained new employees.
- Managed staff, prepared work schedules and assigned specific duties.
- Served as internal/external liaison for purchasing, personnel, facilities, and operations.
- Planned, analyzed, and executed operations of all services and events.
- Developed logistics plan for site set-ups.
- Directed and coordinated financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Provided on-site event management.
- Coordinated information to all departments concerning event set-up, staffing, and special requirements.
- Supervised site preparation.
- Reviewed and analyzed financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
- Established and implemented departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with executive team members and staff members.
- Prepared event time lines and cue sheets.
- Managed event transportation including all equipment and supplies.