Head of IT Operations
Virgin Holidays is a highly successful package holiday company specialising in the long haul market.
- Head of IT Operations responsible for the IT infrastructure and operational support teams.
- Management of a £2m IT operational budget.
- Required to shape and implement IT strategy including infrastructure, hosting and outsource options.
- Supplier management including offshore partners.
- Responsible for defining, managing and reporting IT service levels.
- Successfully delivered several major IT projects including integration of new acquisition, new passenger lounge at Gatwick airport, launch of new premium brand business, roll-out of 8 retail stores and upgrade of core network.
- Stabilized an aging and unreliable IT infrastructure through sound tactical and strategic investment.
- Structured and recruited high performing IT support teams.
- Defined and implemented wide area network strategy.
- Implemented virtualisation as a way of reducing IT overheads and improving server availability.
- Delivered solid, cost effective IT performance through peak trading periods by detailed analysis and planning.