President & CEO at Bada Networks
A technology and business leader who wants to maximize financial gains for a business while serviing as a senior leader within the company. My preference is to be based in the Atlanta area but I am open to consider other possibilities as well.
A results oriented executive with extensive experience in the creation of new businesses, business units, establishing market strategies, channel development, leading organizations for high performance, creating a brand identity, and developing differentiated, innovative products and services required to succeed in the marketplace. Management of marketing operations that are focused on achieving the best possible customer experience while increasing business financial gains. Extensive executive management experience has been leveraged to create technology and service solutions that generate new revenue streams. A decisive, embracing leader with talent for engaging teams to create solutions that bring value to the business through cost reductions and top line growth.
President & CEO at Bada Networks
CEO of Motorola during time of employment. He is currently the CEO of Harrison Street, a 4 Billion Dollar equity firm.
Senior VP of HR at Covidien during time of employment.
As CEO of Meditropolis, Inc. I am responsive for leading the organization to rapid growth opportunities in new and emerging markets using technology and service offerings. Meditropolis provides speech recognition solutions, coding solutions, workflow solutions, and deep analytics for our medical customers.
Covidien is a $10 billion medical device company with an extensive product line including imaging, pharmaceuticals, and medical suppliesGeneral Manager of Business Unit35M P&L, 24M Budget, 8 Direct Reports, 130 People Span of Control
Business Unit Closed, Recommendation from President of Medical Devices
- Responsible for the creation and P&L of a new $1 billion business unit focused on airway disease control.
- Development of marketing strategy, creation of new distribution channels, and market research.
- Reduced cost of commercialization by $30 Million and increased margin by 15% through superior strategy conception and deployment.
- Introduced new marketing approaches that were successfully applied in different business segments.
- Provided a global approach to marketing that helped to achieve a singular go-to-market message and brand identity on a global scale.
- Reduced marketing budget while continuing to meet targets ahead of schedule.
- Accelerated product development cycle time by two years through effective use of partnerships, alliances, and decision alignment.
- Achieved 60% manufacturing cost savings through process changes and “Design for Excellence” techniques.
- Created $10 billion product and service strategy with largest company NPV (net present value) project in product pipeline.
- Supplier Selection for new innovative technologies that represent new price and functionality points in the marketplace.
- Developed fully functional medical device achieving clinical efficacy improvement from 60 to 97%.
- Improved business pro-forma approach for better information and understanding of uncertainty.
- Experience in driving traditional and non-traditional advertising, media, and promotion strategies and tactics.
- Intelligent, perceptive, a quick study, high energy level, and a strong understanding of business operations.
- Strategic thinker, demonstrating the ability to develop marketing strategies to improve and grow business opportunities.
- A hands-on, goal-oriented leader with a high level of enthusiasm, drive and interpersonal skills.
- The highest level of personal integrity and honesty.
Motorola is a $36 billion global telecommunication and cable equipment designer and manufacturer 85M Budget, 7 Direct Reports, 278 People Span of Control
- Global marketing and business development experience in India, Japan, Europe, China, and Sub Sahara Africa.
- Creation of revenue sources through licensing, partnerships, and alliances.
- Market strategy development for new wireless technologies, services, and tools.
- Increased NPV by $900 Million for mobility based services through differentiated customer focused innovations.
- Improved strategy and impact of new products and services through the use of globally aligned business leaders (e.g. China, Japan, Europe, India, and S. Africa).
- Achieved $100 Million in newly introduced and deployed experience based services.
- A strong presence that exudes leadership and confidence.
- Strong understanding and sense of consumer behavior/perceptions and how to positively influence/change the same.
- Able to effectively operate and continually adapt within a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
85M Budget, 7 Direct Reports, 278 People Span of Control
- Development of new marketing approaches for early planning and go-to-market success.
- Global customer segmentation experience, concept testing, survey analysis, and conjoint analysis.
- Change leader who in confident in developing new customer bases in new markets.
- Creation of a consolidated enterprise wide technology strategy and reduction of operational expenses.
- Engagement with industry analyst for the purpose of product positioning and market intelligence.
- Sought after speaker for marketing innovations and operational excellence.
- Championed effort to increase product margin through cost savings and marketing efforts that contributed 1.3 billion to bottom line over two years.
45M Budget, 6 Direct Reports, 212 People Span of Control
- Marketing product roadmap creation and extensive product segmentations of customers and markets.
- Development multi-generational plans and roadmaps for advanced technologies.
- Creation of marketing requirements documents, market vision statements, and imperatives.
- Driving cross functional teams for the purpose of delivering a consistent product offering to customers.
- World-wide consolidation of R&D, software tools, and licenses for $130M in Savings.
- Provided significant leadership contributions instrumental in winning National Malcolm Baldrige Award.
- A management style characterized as hands-on, sleeves rolled-up and results oriented.
- Ability to build productive working relationships to achieve common goals and objectives.
60M Budget, 12 Direct Reports, 85 People Span of Control
- Project management responsibility for 1,100 engineering development team and delivered on time. Responsible for product development software performance metrics.
- Reduced the time to build a software product from submitted code by 90%.
- Successfully integrated a new 25 person team into our organization in order to improve performance.
- Lead project teams to meet client needs and mentor/develop new talent.
58M Budget, 16 Direct Reports, 150 People Span of Control
- Managed a team of 150 associates that were responsible for marketing, product management, project management, business development, and alliance management for the division.
- Established seven contracts within one year that provided $400 Million in revenue.
- Created new system certification program that saved 90 Million in Capital Cost.
- Established first programs for outsourcing to India, E. Germany, and Poland.
20M Budget, 22 Direct Reports, 22 People Span of Control
- Developed software applications for the purpose of improving operations and efficiency.
- Maintained all financial systems on servers and satellite communications.
- Integration of all new applications for compatibility with the existing infrastructure.
- Help Desk services for 550 users of IT systems and applications.
- Integration, testing, and on-going maintenance of all email based systems.
700K Budget, 2 Direct Reports, 2 People Span of Control
- Development of fault tolerant multiprocessing server system.
- Development of 3B2 700 mini computer that was used in Desert Storm.
- Current Engineering support for 4 circuit pack systems for the 5ESS Toll Switching System.
Our academic programs are of the highest caliber because we believe in the transformative power of ideas.Some of the most influential academic movements are taking place at the University of Chicago. We are pioneers in economics, sociology, literary criticism, and legal education, and we are the home to the country’s largest university press.Critical Thinking at Our CoreWe value an interdisciplinary undergraduate education with an emphasis on critical thinking and discussion of original texts. Undergraduate students in the College have the opportunity to learn in small classes and major in one of our 52 programs of study.Making Interdisciplinary ConnectionsWe bring together notable scholars and academics from broad disciplines to foster an awareness of the permanent questions at the origin of learned inquiry. With more than 70 interdisciplinary workshops, we provide a forum for graduate students, faculty, and visiting scholars throughout the world to present scholarly work in progress.Exchanging Ideas WorldwideWe appreciate the exchange of ideas, cultural understanding, and breadth of knowledge that result from international study. With 7 international centers and the Center in Paris, our faculty and students engage in intellectual discovery all over the world. Each year, the College awards more than 100 summer international travel grants to support undergraduate students in intensive language study and research abroad. Additionally, the Booth School of Business’ Executive MBA Program has a campus in cities on three continents, while the Law School has a broad commitment to the study and practice of International Law.
Welcome from the ChairWelcome to the web site of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. The School's overarching vision is to lead in the creation and development of intellectual and human capital in electrical and computer engineering and their applications, in order to foster the technological, economic, and social enrichment of the State of Georgia, the nation, and the world. Our goals in support of this vision are to:be recognized as one of the very best programs of electrical and computer engineering education, research, and its transfer to the community at large;be recognized as a place that encourages excellence and diversity in thought and endeavor;provide degree and continuing education programs that produce graduates who are well-prepared to enter and assume leadership roles in the profession; andprovide research and intellectual resources to address problems facing the industry and the world, while advancing the boundaries of disciplinary and multidisciplinary research and its applications.It is in this context that ECE works to advance Georgia Tech's strategic mission to define the technological research university of the 21st century. As you navigate through this site, I hope you will see how our world-class faculty and staff, gifted students, and educational and research programs enable us to achieve these goals.Thank you for visiting our site.Gary S. MayProfessor and Steve W. Chaddick School Chair
Computer Engineering - VLSIComputer architecture/VLSI is a bridge area that ties the implementation hardware (devices, circuits, VLSI) with the system (compilers, operating systems) and application software and networks, and as such lies at the heart of Computer Engineering. Researchers in this area work not only in core computer architecture, but also investigate crosscutting architectural issues arising from interactions with the underlying hardware, software, and network. Research contributions may be in the form of new theories, novel design methods backed by simulation, or related to the creation of computational artifacts (modeling, simulation tools, software environments, etc.). Students specializing in Computer Architecture/VLSI at Michigan State University will acquire the broad background necessary to contribute effectively to the design and implementation of computer architectures that meet application functional requirements as well as cost, power, performance, and reliability goals.Graduate program coursework at the M.S. and Ph.D. levels is taken in both the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Departments. Courses focus on advanced computer architecture, digital electronic circuit and VLSI design, contemporary computer-aided design tools and methodologies, design of systems using embedded processors, design of system-on-a-chip, fault-tolerance, design, test and packaging of application-specific integrated circuits, hardware/software co-design, algorithms, compilers, operating systems, networks, parallel computing, and other specialized courses.Computer Engineering Researchers:Subir Biswas, Shantanu Chakrabartty, Erik Goodman, Nihar Mahapatra, Andrew Mason, Jian Ren, Fathi Salem, Michael Shanblatt, Gregory Wierzba