Tony currently leads the Multinational Accounts Practice (MAP) at the Travelers Insurance Company, a Dow-30 component and leading provider of property, casualty and bond insurance products and services. MAP brings expertise in underwriting and compliance to insurance accounts and programs having exposures in multiple countries.
MAP also has direct oversight of Travelers participation in the International Network of Insurance (INI) based in Brussels, Belgium. The INI is made up of more than 125 market leading insurance companies, working together at providing insurance solutions for international customers and brokers globally. Tony sits on the INI’s Board of Directors.
Prior to his current role, Tony served as the President of Travelers Boiler & Machinery, which provides specialized Equipment Breakdown products and services to businesses of all sizes, domestically and abroad. With premiums over $300 million (US$), Travelers is the third largest B&M carrier in North America. It employs 260 dedicated Underwriting, Claim, and Engineering Specialists. These professional resources, along with strategic global vendors, support robust direct and assumed reinsurance delivery platforms.
From 2008-2014, Tony also served as the National Sales Director of First Party Lines which comprises of National Accounts Property, Inland Marine, Ocean Marine, and Boiler & Machinery. In this role, Tony led a team responsible for two critical functional areas; Sales and Business Development.
Prior to joining Travelers, Tony held various underwriting and management positions at Hartford Steam Boiler in New York City and Chicago. He served as a Field Underwriter and Sales Manager in NYC, and Branch Manager in Chicago. In addition, he spent the early part of his career as a Stock Broker with Kidder Peabody, as well as an Advertising Media Executive with D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles.
He holds his Bachelor of Science in Finance and Marketing from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY, and a Masters of Business Administration in Finance from Pace University in NYC. He resides in West Hartford, Connecticut with his wife and two children.
- Built strong business relationships with senior leadership within the Travelers enabling the creation of sustainable and strategic partnerships within all Enterprise divisions
- Developed and successfully executed on Direct and Reinsurance underwriting/sales strategies on a multi-faceted and complex distribution platform
- Established International business arrangements with Travelers(UK/Canada), as well as ceding partnerships with other international and US multi-national insurance carriers
- Drove team collaboration amongst all Corporate and Business Insurance functional support areas
- Accountable for the design and execution of detailed and very tactical business plans
- Project Oriented, Strong Communication Skills, Ethical