Manager Production, Planning & Operations
K Hall Studio
Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards. Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. Responsible for the developing and enthusiastic motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies, and procedures while also mentoring and leading teams. Implement and manager continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and process.
- Instituted aggressive measures to control inventory growth while improving product availability. Reduced obsolete inventory by $220,000 within first 6 months. Met or exceeded the inventory budgets despite sales 18% above forecast.
- Lead the “Cultural Change” of the organization by implementing Leans Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
- Established pull systems, Kanbans that reduced inventory by 27%, reducing material handling, inventory transactions while improving on time delivery and product fill rates.
- Set Up S&OP plan based on inputs, monitoring performance of the sstem and leading continuous improvement when necessary
- Wrote manufacturing production process manual, implemented production order scheduling and daily performance tracking. Set baseline standards. Plant output improved production unit output 22% in 6 months.