- A multi-talented, self-motivated administrative professional with an associate degree in paralegal studies and strong background in the real estate field.
- Hardworking, organized and productive self-starter committed to excellence.
- Detailed oriented with attention to accuracy strong work ethic and ability to get job done.
- Focused quick learner who enjoys taking on new challenges and learning new processes.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of responsibility and use good judgment.
- Solid experience in providing accounting, office administration and human resources services.
Jul 2005 - Apr 2009
IPX1031 Investment Property Exchange Service - National Reverse and Improvement Exchange Division (Fidelity National Financial)
- Successfully processed and managed tax deferred Safe Harbor 1031 Reverse and Improvement Exchanges for single and multiple asset and investment real and personal property transactions according to IRC §1031 and Revenue Procedure 2000-37.
- Coordinated the entire exchange process from open to close, working directly with investment property owners, business owners, corporate officers, their attorneys and tax advisors, real estate agents, insurance providers, environmental consultant, escrow agents and settlement officers or closing attorneys.
- Handled the opening of the exchange file through the completion of all exchange transactions. Entered and updated exchange data accurately into computer tracking application.
- Prepared exchange documents in compliance with strict IRS Procedures.
- Maintained accurate records of all incoming exchange funds, the disbursement of exchange funds and providing detailed accounting reports to each client.
- Reviewed and executed listing agreements, purchase and sale contracts, escrow instructions, deeds and settlement statements for transactions closing with an escrow company.
- Prepared closing instructions and closing statements for transactions closing without an escrow company.
- Obtained title reports. Verified that all requirements for title insurance were met prior to closing.
- Worked directly with the Lenders, their legal counsel, and underwriters to ensure that residential, commercial and construction loan documents were prepared in compliance with exchange procedures.
- Reviewed and executed the loan documents in behalf of the Exchange Accommodation Titleholder.
- Obtained and reviewed Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessment reports, title reports, deeds, construction contracts and other real estate transaction documents.
- Prepared and filed documents for the formation, amending, dissolution and annual reporting of limited liability companies in all states.
- Created various worksheets and tools to assist clients in understanding the financial aspect of the exchange process so accurate information would be provided.
Apr 2003 - Jul 2005
Distribution and Retailer of Therapeutic massage chairs
- Processed all A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Job Costing, Billing, Payroll, Payroll and Sales Taxes. Processed payments, addressed charge back inquiries and collections for delinquent accounts.
- Successfully completed and brought current overdue and seriously delinquent sales tax returns and reports for sales transactions performed in 43 states.
- Assisted in the researching, completing entry applications, obtaining permits, coordinating travel arrangements for sales staff and the shipping and setup of merchandise to be sold at trade shows nationwide.
- Provided excellent customer service and assistance to customers requesting repairs, inquiring about shipments, billing inquiries, etc.
- Provided Human Resource services with responsibilities that included coordinating medical, dental and other employee benefits.
Sep 2001 - Apr 2003
Office Manager/Admin. Asst.
Social Works, Inc.
- Worked with elderly clients, their families, and social workers by locating and coordinating the placement of clients in appropriate group homes and assisted living centers.
- Performed on-site assessment and written findings of the care facilities prior to placement of clients.
- Thoroughly examined state licensing and inspection reports of care facilities to determine if any violations, complaints or disciplinary actions had been imposed.
- Administrative duties included keeping updated detailed records of facilities for referring clients to.
- Followed up with care facilities, clients and their families once placement had occurred.
- Billing and other accounting tasks for business.
- Executive assistant to owner.
Jan 1995 - Jun 2001
Realty Experts, Inc.
- Maintained real estate transaction files, financial records and reports related to the operating and Broker trust accounts as specified by law.
- Entered, amended and performed research and reports using online Multiple Listing Service.
- Coordinated communications and correspondence between the Broker, Sales Manager, branch offices, over 400 Sales Associates, their clients, cross sale agents, escrow officers, etc.
- Successfully installed and implemented automated systems to perform task done manually. Utilized these systems to create documents, record, store and accurately report data related to business transactions, customers, employees and sales staff to efficiently accommodate expansion and 80% increase in business within 5 years.
- Receptionist, front office and all phases of administrative tasks including word processing, data entry, filing and the purchasing of office and computer services and supplies.
- Efficiently handled the accounting and payroll tasks including quarterly and year end tax reporting and the preparing of W-9 and 1099's.
- Actively participated in organizing, arranging, promoting and conducting recruiting seminars.
- Created promotional and advertising materials using desktop publishing and photo applications.
- Recruited, screened, hired, trained and scheduled employees. Performed employee performance and disciplinary reviews.
- Established procedures and created documents, forms, orientation and policy manuals for new office startup through the ongoing day to day operations.
- Conducted monthly orientation sessions for new sales staff.
Sep 1992 - Sep 1994
Lamson Jr. College
Legal Assistant program: Manual and online legal research, analysis and document preparation.