Aug 2009 - Present
Jun 2009 - Present
Administrative Team Leader
Virginia Beach Leadership Workshop Staff
- Oversee a group of eight to ensure that all tasks get accomplished
- Work as the liaison between the Coordinator and the members of the team to ensure that communication is strong
- In charge of facilitating and executing all set ups and break downs for events throughout the workshop
May 2010 - Present
Longwood University Office of First Year Experience
- Guide new students and their families through orientation(s)
- Be able to provide accurate information on Longwood and the surrounding community to new students and families of new students
- Help to sell the image of Longwood University to incoming freshmen
- Work alongside LSEM instructor to create lesson plans to teach Longwood Seminar class
I am a current Senior at Longwood University seeking a degree in Communication Studies with a concentration in Public Relations and Organizational Communication. Upon my graduation in May of 2013, I am seeking job opportunities in the event planning field. My internship experience with the Virginia Beach Leadership Workshop Staff makes me a top candidate for any event planning firm. I have the ability to make any work experience fun, while maintaining professionalism and my hard work and dedication.
To obtain an career that will allow me to put my knowledge and experiences in the event planning field to use, while continuing to grow in this profession.