Electronics and Communication Engineering
Head Of Security Systems and IT
- Dar Es Salaam , TANZANIA
- +255 758 222 183
- [email protected]
An experienced and well-rounded International Executive and team leader with an exceptional track record of delivering strong revenue growth for Security industry in developed, frontier and emerging markets with experience in Asia (India), East Africa and some experience in Europe. Offers 8 years in service focused businesses for both private and large publicly listed organisations; the last 5 years focused on Security domain for global energy, mining and infrastructure industries. Security systems and Security Operations.
Has developed and successfully executed innovative commercial market strategies, scalable operational processes and developed market leading commercial solutions that can be understood and implemented by any team. Exceptionally strong customer facing skills, technical expertise and a commitment to service excellence have resulted in global partnerships with recognized market leaders. Leads with a positive attitude, intense competitive drive, teamwork and creativity that gains trust and builds rapport across different cultures.
A successful, Strategist with Entrepreneurial thinking and mindset, also a Security consultant, Project Manager- Security and IT Infrastructure (PRINCE2 Practitioner + ITILv3 Certified) with experience in reputed Multi National Companies. I am a Team player, who is flexible, self driven and have attained Management and IT Project Management/Security Management skills during the tenure. Specialties include, Product Management, Brand selling, PMO Leadership, Project Management- PRINCE2, using Agile Methodology and Scrum framework.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Primary, Secondary and Senior Secondary School. A Level Eqv from AISSCE
•Develop Security Technology strategy and IT Strategy to deliver customer facing security technology Service across the region and build capability the delivery of the solutions strategy, and drive its implementation.
•Participate in contribute to the global technology forum abiding by the group-wide technology strategy.
•Identify suitable targets and oversee their implementation and integration in the region.
•Develop appropriate technology partnership to support commercial activity where acquisition is not a desirable option.
•Oversee large technology driven bids, ensuring sufficient capability is in place to deliver, including robust program management.
•Participate in global procurement savings programs driven by standardization in technology purchases, and drive such programs into the countries within the region.
•Lead the development of monitoring centers, Control Rooms etc. standardizing wherever possible onto a preferred operational platform.
•Build the technology proposition into customer activities.
•Follow Best practice where it delivers cost savings, reduces risk, or where it delivers a better customer proposition.
•Maximizing opportunities on electronic monitoring of offenders. Linkage with Group companies, bid support, assessing technology and commercial propositions.
•Accountable for managing and maintaining an efficient and effective Country IT service.
•Support the management team, through the use of IT Security Technology, in delivering its operations efficiently and effectively
•Develop, Drive and maintain an IT strategy for the company in the country.
•Manage the IT and Security Technology, 3rd parties, resources, staff and services to ensure their effective use
•Liaise effectively with G4S Region and Group regarding IT strategy, services and requirements - ensuring effective use of Regional / Group contracts / suppliers, where appropriate
•Manage all relationships with the business, suppliers and G4S Region and Group
As Vice President
- Communicate company strategy to board of directors.
- Oversee revenue generation.
- Preside over operations.
- Identify ways to maximize revenue. - Work with audit committee to prepare budgets.
- Analyze financial reports.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by each department.
- Identify and lead new business opportunities.
- Ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Work alongside community leaders, executive directors, major donors/funders, government officials, and senior staff/board members.
- Participate in and nurture broad networks of alliances with others to exchanges knowledge and information about learning and change in support of change initiatives.
As Business Development Director
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential. - Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Expert in Selling and deliver consulting engagements in Africa and Middle East Region (East and Western Africa specially) and leverage on consulting engagements for identifying the relevant offerings for safety and security industry customers. Taken over multiple roles as Technical Director, Vice President Sales, Business Development Role, Marketing etc. Solely responsible for launching the business and the Brand in 5 different countries. Have worked on Multiple projects from different industries.
Benson Security Systems was setup in 2010 based in Tanzania with over 200 customers spread across 6 countries. We provides a wide range of technology and security solutions for businesses and organizations, including CCTV, High-end Video Surveillance solutions, Integrated Security Systems, Access Control & Alarm Systems, Automation of Door and Gates, , Perimeter Security, Face Recognition Technology, Custom Software, Parking Management Solutions, Web Applications, ICT Consulting. Have track record of generating sales on an individual basis of about 200,000USD per month.
BSS has numbers of strategic partners & clients based in South Africa, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, India and South Sudan. Some of the Customers in the list, who has been served proudly are COCA COLA, PEPSI, BRITISH GAS, AIRTEL, VODACOM, W.H.O., UNITED NATIONS, US AID, WATER AID, EXIM BANK, TOTAL TANZANIA, NSK OIL, KILIMANJARO AIRPORT, SYMBION POWER ETC.
-Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
-Oversee and coordinate with vendors for timely service and repair of servers and storage devices.
-Sourcing and Vendor Management
- Manages and governs relationship with its Infrastructure outsourcing providers
-Coordinates with team for day-to-day operations technical support. Controls and reports project progress and results.
-Coaching, Quality Management, Reporting, Monitoring and Training for all technical issues with regard to Dell Specific Hardware while in transition.
-Handling escalations/ elevated calls ensure satisfactory resolution and escalate further to Customer Relations depending upon severity. Server Maintenance
-Data Management in Shared File Server and Application Server. -Server maintenance/Hardware failures for all HP-Proliant Servers, IBM Blade Center Servers
-Liaison with Server Group for outage schedules to loading patches. HP ITSM and Open View System Administration
-Monitoring and fixing issues related to Network, VPN Technologies, AD, DHCP, and DNS. -Hardware and hands on Replacement of parts on system (Desktop/Laptop)
-Excellent Working knowledge on Windows 2003, XP, Vista OS, MAC, LINUX, uBuntu.
-Implementation Experience on VMware workstation, VMware3.5/4.0, ESX and ESXI Technology.
Asset Management IT Infrastructure Management
-Checking of Network IT-Security/Firewalls/IDS/security concepts.
- MacAfee Epo 3.6 Version and 4.0 Versions and Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition
-Complete knowledge of Telecom Infrastructure using G650 Gateways and S8500 Avaya Voice Server.
-Hands on Working knowledge of Cisco router, switches and firewalls -Planning and Deploying IT infrastructure
– Desktop/Laptop/Server, Networking Hardware -Backup Tools such as Iron Mountain Connected Data Protector along with understanding of SAN and NAS Technologies