Enjoy working as a Registered Nurse in an environment that allows opportunities to provide safe, competent, prioritized patient care, while also allowing for collaboration with the healthcare team in meeting community and individual healthcare needs.
CPR certified. Have completed 4 semesters of RN training at Weatherford College and have had previous experience in the healthcare industry. Enjoy working with patients and volunteering with the community as opportunities become available.
Enjoy working with patients, seeing a project through to completion, also enjoy doing outdoor sports activities such a bicycling and volleyball.
Oct 2013 - Present
RN, Medical Surgical- Telemetry
Weatherford Regional Medical Center
- Cardiac, Pulmonary & Post Surgical care needs.
- Tele-monitoring, SPO2 monitoring
- Caring for patients with multiple disease processes, critical care overflows.
- Admissions and discharges from floors.
- Medication administration- including PCA pump set up and monitoring.
- Wound dressings/ Post surgical care
- PRN Charge with patient load of 16-26 with 3-5 nurses.
Feb 2013 - Feb 2014
RN, Charge Nurse
Renaissance Park Multi Care Center
- Caring for patients with multiple disease processes, & therapy/rehab.
- IV/PICC line therapy and maintenance
- Medication administration, Wound dressings/ Post surgical care
- Trach Care, Wound vacs, G-tubes
Jan 2010 - Feb 2013
Home Care Etc.
Housesitting, senior care/sitting (volunteer experience), babysitting, animal sitting, as well as bathroom remodel, demolition, framing, tiling, grouting, painting, house repairs, and fence repairs.
Apr 2010 - Jun 2010
U.S. Census Bureau
Collecting and recording data in field work, interviewing, quality control.
Mar 2007 - Aug 2008
Green Oaks Chiropractic Clinic
Scheduling, answering multiline phones, patient sign in, therapies including EMS and ultrasound, developing x-rays, filing, marketing, collecting co-pays and entering patient data for accounting and record keeping.
Accomplishment:A significant increase of 25% in overall patient clientele and profits due to enacting a reward system for referrals.
Feb 2006 - Sep 2006
Scanning, indexing, coding, breaking down and perm filing charts from Day Surgery and Inpatient floors.
Aug 2008 - Present
Pursuing Bachelor's Prerequisites
Completed prerequisites through Tarrant County College to complete an Associate Degree in Applied Science-Nursing, transferring credits to Weatherford College. Dean's List recognition Fall of 2009 with a 4.0 G.P.A., and presently continuing my education by meeting Bachelor's degree prerequisite requirements.
Aug 2010 - May 2012
ADN RN (May 2012)
Completed Associate's in Applied Science-Nursing:
- Assesment, Foundations, Pharmacology, Nursing Skills, OB, Medical Surgical Nursing I and II, Mental Health Nursing, Care of Children and families, Complex Concepts of Adult Health, Advanced Concepts of Adult Health, and Management of Client care.
- Clinical Experiences at: Baylor, Westside Campus of Care, Cook Children's, Child Study Center, Kinderfrogs at TCU, Lifecare, Plaza, and Texas Health Resources Southwest, as well as a school nurse setting.
Aug 1999 - May 2001
Completed my general high school curriculum through American High as correspondence. Graduated early with a 3.5 G.P.A., completing 4 years in 2 years' time.