Google Inc, Mountain View, California
As an early engineer on the Kubernetes and Google container engine team, I donned several hats - adding core functionality to Kubernetes , helping scale open source development, improving both internal and external processes, onboarding the SRE organization and eventually leading development on Big Data and Machine Learning applications in Kubernetes.
- Critical role in graduating StatefulSets to beta - Statefulsets are an important Kubernetes construct that allow running stateful applications on containers.
- Started and grew Spark on Kubernetes to a multi-organization effort and and eventually graduated into the Apache Spark project.
- Led the SIG Big Data community to contributors from several organizations, helping create an ecosystem of Spark, Airflow, Tensorflow, Jupyter and HDFS on Kubernetes.
- Scaled the Kubernetes project to contributions from a host of other organizations, rewrote Github automation, CLA infrastructure, etc.
- Was instrumental in creating and improving processes and for testing and releases, and led releases in open source as well as internally.
- Onboarded, mentored and led a two-person focus group on various data science and ML projects.
- Invited speaker at several conferences & meetups.