My objective is to be a trusted adviser to senior level technology management to implement IT solutions that deliver constructive and visible results. I understand IT technology management as I started my career as a technical software engineer and progressed to application development, project management and senior IT leadership roles. I am seeking to consult with small to medium sized companies in the area of IT portfolio, program or project management.Specialties: • Scope / Schedule / Cost / Risk Management• Integrated Change Management• Benefits Management & Earned Value • Process Definition, Development & Improvement• Contract Management & Procurement• Effective Team Building & Mentoring• Project Management Office / PMO• Project Methodology development • Achievable development plans & schedules• Analysis of business problems / needs• Multi Site / Multi Project / Virtual Teams• Full lifecycle development (SDLC) & Agile
Virtual Teams / Offshore Teams
Customer Relationship Management
Earned Value Management
Schedule Execution and Control
Project Methodology Development
Jun 2013 - Present
REM Consulting LLC
Provide project management, business analysis, administrative and other business consulting services and solutions to national and local customers. Services currently underway include:
- Analysis of website utility and quality to improve search engine ranking capabilities for major search organization;
- Providing business analysis and various administrative activities;
- Providing mobile technology solutions to optimize client’s brand/presence and advertising efforts.
Jun 2011 - Oct 2012
Managed application development and provided support of Investor Reporting products for mortgage servicing organization.
IMPLEMENTED REPORTING APPLICATION SAVING $30K MONTHLY
- Managed team of 15 to develop new reports and tools for FNMA compliance reporting. The initiative enabled company to transfer FNMA reporting to in house from third party, delivering average savings of $30K per month after transition.
- Provided operational support of production reporting systems ensuring internal and external SLA’s were met on time at desired quality levels.
- Utilized traditional SDLC methodology integrating Agile application development techniques.
TRIPLED COMPANY REVENUE THROUGH BOARDING OF NEW LOAN PORTFOLIOS
- Coordinated setup and boarding of 4 strategic new loan servicing deals over a 5-month period. These new portfolios tripled company’s mortgage servicing loan volume enhancing company’s market value and revenues.
REFORMED FNMA DELINQUENCY REPORTING COMPLIANCE
- Led major FNMA delinquency reporting compliance initiative to enact sweeping reform of business rules and reporting hierarchy.
IMPLEMENTED ROI-BASED PROJECT PRIORITIZATION STATUS REPORTING
- Reorganized project portfolio to focus on key priorities to project stakeholders. Revamped project reporting to highlight key status information across the project portfolio.
MANAGED TOP PERFORMING TEAMS
- Initiated program to streamline internal support processes and tools. Identified support strengths and weaknesses and built support matrix to plug gaps.
- Implemented cross training program to build team strength in business and technology competencies.
- Mentored business analysts, developers and project leads / managers in best practice and decision-making.
PARTICIPATED IN EXECUTIVE PMO PLANNING TEAM
- Nominated to senior management planning team to develop new enterprise PMO based on industry best practice.
- Provided contributions in process improvement by streamlining project practices to enable scalable methodology.
Mar 2011 - Jun 2011
Managed non-profit organization’s semi-annual fund raising campaign. The campaign was delivered across direct mail, e-communication, web and mobile channels using traditional, agile and social marketing strategies. Led other related initiatives during the engagement:
- Coordinated project activities to increase visitor interaction with the goal of increasing online donations. Metrics revealed the site changes did have a positive impact on online donations.
- Led project to enhance user notifications to effect increased author engagement, social activity and site traffic.
- Developed project charter and schedule of project activities to develop an executive prospecting program.
Sep 2010 - Mar 2011
Managed process improvement effort for enterprise mobility division of Medtronic. Goal of project was to optimize handheld device service and delivery while becoming more cost efficient. Net effect of new cost model reduced operating management costs by 26%.
- Led efforts to define and implement the Operational Process changes to support the initiative including contractual changes with the four major mobile technology vendors. Coordinated necessary changes across the business including IT Support, Infrastructure, Field Services and CFO’s from all major divisions.
- Worked with business units to develop a scaled deployment strategy. Developed cost modeling tool to assist the business units with estimation efforts.
- Coordinated pilot with the business units and mobile carriers, as well as with corporate finance and IT teams.
- Managed schedule, risks and reporting. All milestones achieved on time and to defined success criteria.
Nov 2008 - Dec 2009
Managed software implementation projects and assisted PMO with process development and training.
- Managed Lawson ERP system upgrade from 7.2 to 9.0 on AS400/Oracle platform including reengineering of 200+ software customizations. Project team 45+ across US, UK and Canada. Successfully completed project with no disruption to business operations. Drove business process development, Lawson customizations development, test plan creation and execution.
- Coordinated release deployment of 3 commercial software products. Trained remote project team to execute the release deployment using new project management methodology. Created and tracked detailed schedules for beta testing, operational readiness and launch.
- Developed project management methodology processes & templates for use by customer’s newly developed PMO. Enabled project management team to learn and understand how to utilize PMI best practices when delivering projects.
- Utilized traditional and agile methodologies. Provided mentoring to project managers and other personnel.
Aug 2005 - Nov 2008
Senior Project Manager
Managed IT infrastructure and application development projects to support the Lawson/Kronos, web hosting and collocation managed environments. Developed project management framework and related deliverables.
- Managed IT application development projects to support the Lawson/Kronos managed environment. Efforts enhanced client experience through user interface efficiencies and process automation tools.
- Managed IT infrastructure projects including hardware, database and software upgrades. Selected projects include UNIX infrastructure (server) refresh, streamlining quarterly Oracle security patching process and upgrading windows-based application architecture which increased capacity by 22% with no unplanned outages.
- Led delivery of managed web hosting & collocation projects. Managed on site and remotely located project teams in US, Canada, Europe and Asia. Delivery on Linux, UNIX, Windows & AS400 platforms, Java/Websphere/Cobol languages, Oracle & SQL databases.
- Coordinated Lawson ERP and Kronos environment provisioning. Developed a repeatable, consistent and achievable process for provisioning Lawson ERP systems, improving delivery rate by 30%.
- Coordinated assessment of IT service delivery management practices against the ITIL framework. Prepared resulting gap analysis and action plan to align IT Service Management processes with best practice.
- Managed a company-wide project management process audit against PMI best practices, including preparation and execution of an action plan to align company project processes with industry best practice.
- Improved business ability to estimate resource hours for new projects in the pipeline as well as prioritize, monitor and gauge project progress against business objectives.
- Managed on site and remotely located project teams in US, Canada, Europe and Asia. Utilized traditional SDLC and agile methodologies; mentored other project managers.
2001 - 2005
Managed business and technical projects for internal and external clients throughout Europe and North America. A sampling of customers included HSBC, BT, T-Mobile, Barclays, Citibank, and MBNA Europe.
- Coordinated projects to develop customized business partner initiatives. Example: Led project to improve policy renewal with 12 business partners; improved revenue collection by 25% via software efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Managed projects to introduce new or enhanced product lines. All projects were successfully launched as led by the entry and exit criteria established by the project and sponsors. Prepared risk mitigation strategy for pilot product launches; efforts produced substantial savings in vendor & human resource costs through effective success criteria & exit strategies.
- Managed project to develop and evaluate exploratory mobile phone application. Coordinated contract negotiations and Service Level Agreements, as well as procurement of necessary software, hardware and licenses. Worked with Marketing to produce product design, branding, collateral and customer letters including appropriate fulfillment arrangements. Worked with third party project managers to deliver software and hosting solutions which interfaced with internal systems. Managed creation of testing scenarios, system integration testing, end user acceptance testing and successful go live of pilot launch. Managed creation and delivery of product training program. Compiled pilot results to assess viability of commercial launch and presented recommendation to the Board.
- Led project to migrate US subsidiary business processes and systems to corporate headquarters infrastructure in the UK. Migrated 300+ batch jobs & reengineered 150+ applications from .Net/SQL to Java/Oracle. Managed analysis of current systemized business processes in order to create design plan for reengineering product from mainframe-based architecture to Java-based. Utilized agile techniques to optimize team collaboration & performance between the two sites. Managed successful transition of data exchanges from former parent to UK corporate infrastructure, liaising with business partners and vendors. Worked with IT infrastructure and third party telecoms providers to supplement existing network to support transatlantic operations and business continuity requirements. Executed successful separation from parent and commenced live running to schedule, meeting all acceptance criteria.
- Managed corporate governance initiative to align business process with market expectations and regulatory bodies. One project involved identifying & closing financial and insurance compliance gaps in business processes of subsidiary. The project successfully created & implemented a detailed action plan to organize and control the affairs of the business responsibly and effectively with adequate risk management systems.
- Coordinated new building construction and office relocation projects, including liaising with external parties for construction and fit out as well as related activities to prepare for IT infrastructure and operational readiness.
- Developed Request for Proposals (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI) and related documentation when evaluating third party business and software solutions. Worked with legal department in negotiating contracts and service level agreements with 3rd parties. Added value to the due diligence efforts through utilization of risk and change management techniques.
2000 - 2000
Managed application development projects to enhance and maintain major internet job recruitment site.
- Championed the creation of the company’s software development life cycle methodology based on web-based development environment, improving application development efficiency and implementation success rate.
- Led project to develop questionnaire and web site usability changes to make the job portal more interactive and useful for employers and candidates. Project efforts improved usability efficiencies by 30% and utilization by 35%.
- Led project to develop new business services to assist both the employer and candidate by adding virtual assistants throughout the portal. Results measured included improved efficiencies in resume preparation (25%), user profile creation and modification (20%), and employer job creation and maintenance (35%).
1999 - 2000
Managed project to implement a change management system, along with parallel work stream of application re-engineering of internal programs to run within the new system. Coordinated activities for each government sector (revenue, transportation, etc.); built database and import/export scripts for data movement of legacy data into new change management system.
1998 - 1999
Provided Business Process Re-engineering consulting services for conversion of client’s legacy programs and file formats to IBM Websphere MQ environment. Delivered technical and functional specs to aid application re-engineering.
1993 - 1998
Project Manager / Development Manager
Managed credit card authorization application development for major US credit card issuer representing 40% of TSYS revenue.
- Improved relationship with key customer by developing new service protocols for under-performing IT application. Provided superior customer service by ensuring timely and quality support initiatives, establishing client trust and creating productive client and vendor relationships.
- Awarded recognition by Visa and Master Card Associations as provider of premier real-time Authorization transaction services and fraud prevention solutions by proposing and implementing logistic strategies to maximize revenue while minimizing risk.
- Introduced and advocated wide ranging business change: created new approach to project management based on an interactive and iterative development model (adaptive model, now agile), transforming key aspects of the existing corporate culture and cascading a profit-led, customer focused attitude to all levels including development and production operations.
- Worked with client to establish project business requirements, scope, milestones and deliverables. Established software development processes and quality control standards.
- Established and maintained internal audit procedures to meet federal regulatory requirements, maximizing client benefit by integrating system integrity assurances and software enhancements. Integrated all project activities with ongoing business initiatives and organizational processes.
- Supervised projects and employees with an eye on maintaining balance, while boosting productivity and ensuring client needs; evangelized the role of each individual in delivering product and service excellence.
- Recognized for numerous role and project-based accomplishments and added value incentive programs, results of which were adopted by colleagues and assimilated into other departments.
1982 - 1992
Senior Systems Analyst / Developer
Supervised and performed implementation of infrastructure / technology directives. Analyzed business and system processes and implemented appropriate optimization measures; managed database systems, and performed application and operating system software development. Automated production processes to achieve maximum system processing capability and up-time, increasing efficiency of Operations and Call Center functions. Re-engineered system utilities to enable 24x7 data availability.
1981 - 1982
Reported to the Senior Vice President of Finance; analyzed and managed corporate investment portfolios; tracked and reported profit and loss from investments; prepared state and local corporate income taxes; performed general ledger duties