Group Incentive Travel
MERIDIAN ENTERPRISES CORPORATION
Travel Program Manager
- Managed all logistical details of group travel incentive programs; transportation, food & beverage, meal guarantees, meeting space, room set-up, audio-visual, off-site events, activities and VIP requests.
- Focused on budget management; kept track of spending and documented cost savings on program budgets from $150,000 to $2.5 million.
- Adhered to all contractual deadlines, turn-around times and standard operating procedures.
- Communicated in a professional manner with clients, program participants, vendors, upper management and internal team members.
Travel Purchasing Manager
- Developed detailed travel proposals, budgets and PowerPoint presentations for new business opportunities.
- Successfully sourced hotel space and negotiated contracts with hotels, cruise lines and DMCs for best pricing, concessions and payment terms.
- Maintained positive relationships and a high level of professionalism when interacting with suppliers, account executives and internal teams.
- Utilized my accounting background to reduce budgeting and costing errors, thereby increasing the accuracy of program budgets.
Group Travel Accountant
- Prepared client billings in accordance with the parameters outlined in the client’s letter of agreement.
- Reviewed hotel/supplier invoices and compared against contracted services to ensure accuracy.
- Conducted a detailed variance analysis of budgeted vs. actual program costs.
- Audited travel & expense reports to confirm that all spending followed company policies.