* Performing - and visual arts
* Performance art
* Culinary art
* People (Everyone, well mostly everyone ;) )
* Animals (All of them)
"A MAN IS A SUCCESS IF HE GETS UP IN THE MORNING, AND GOES TO BED AT NIGHT, AND IN BETWEEN DOES WHAT HE WANTS DO TO." (Bob Dylan)
Completed a casting course led by Christa Schamberger and Digby Young. International Casting Directors. ( "Blood Diamond": Leanordo Di Caprio; "The Giver": Meryl Streep; "Invictus: Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon; Etc )
TEFL/TESOL Course / Hua Hin - Thailand
Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Jan 2006 - Dec 2006
Certificate in Conference and Event Management - with distinction
DAMELIN, BUSINESS SCHOOL
* Event and Conference Management
* Tourism and Marketing
* Information Technology
* Public Relations
* Media and Communication
Jan 2001 - Dec 2003
NDip Performing Arts (3 Years)
* Drama teaching and Vocal production (major)
* Script writing, directing and production (sound and lighting)
* Arts Administration
* Educational Theatre
* Drama Teaching
* Prose and Poetry - Afrikaans 1st language: Research in Afrikaans Literature. Research on Afrikaans writers. Acting (Afrikaans). Script writing, Afrikaans. Drama teaching, Afrikaans
Jan 2000 - Dec 2000
NCert Sport Coaching and Marketing
* Philosophy of Sport Coaching
* Methodology of Sport Coaching
* Anatomy and Physiology
* Recreational Sport and Tourism
My previous experience in the Arts industry, as well as the Events and Hospitality industry gave me excellent presentation and performance skills, and the ability to generate original creative ideas. I believe it is my down-to-earth and relaxed demeanour, my inherent ability to feel comfortable around all kinds of people, and my willingness to work hard with commitment and dedication, that will be my most important attributes in applying for this position. Your anticipated attention and consideration of my application is highly appreciated.
Freelance PA (film sets)
May 2014 - Oct 2014
Greeting and seating of guests.
Allocating of tables for waiters.
Jan 2013 - Dec 2013
Casting Coordinator / Booker
BLUESTAR ARTISTS MANAGEMENT
I worked as an extras casting coordinator for Bluestar Artist Management. I received briefs from productions companies, and had to suggest artists ( extras ), for background on Film. I was also responsible for suggesting and supplying specific-looking extras for TVC and Film. I had a great working relationship with my affiliates in the industry, and still has.
On the administration side, I had to inform extras on call times, location, wardrobe (if) and rates.
Responsible for updating the data base and profiles of artists.
Although this was a time constraint job, I consistently produced deliverable on or ahead of schedule in this deadline-focused environment.
Jun 2013 - Sep 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL THEATRE FOR YOUTH
Actor in travelling -theatre production for the SA National Theatre for Youth.
We performed 'GEORGE'S MARVELOUS MEDICINE (Roald Dahl) at 89 schools in and around Cape Town,
This job also included stage craft and prop building.
Jan 2013 - Jul 2013
In March 2013 a cute little deli opened in Observatory. I had the privilege to start this journey with the owners and managers. This was probably one of the most exciting experiences of my life. I was in charge of the kitchen and had the freedom to cook whatever I felt up to :)
* Set up- and design of menus
* Sourcing of suppliers
* Managing kitchen- and staff
English Teacher ( Part Time )
Cape Studies Language School
Teacher of foreign language; English.
* Skills ( Reading, writing and listening ).
Feb 2012 - Dec 2012
Teacher- English and Performing Arts
The Hat Yai Dream Acadamy, Thailand
* Teacher of foreign Language (English)
* Teacher of drama, music and movement
Teacher ( Freelance )
Corporate Training / Business English
Tutoring Outcome based English for the following Careers and Corporate Industries.
* IELTS- ( Idea Learning Centre, Hat Yai, Thailand )
* Hotel and Tourism
* Business English
- Menu planning
- Kitchen - and floor management
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Special Event Planning
- Workshops on Cooking and Event Planning. Local underprivileged.
Jan 2009 - Dec 2011
Manager | Co - owner
- Manage bookings
- Administration and Finance
- Decor and interior design
- Design- and updating of media (website and facebook pages)
- Organise social activities
Jan 2008 - Nov 2008
Housekeeping and Catering
Tresco Island Hotel.
Tresco Island; Isles of Scilly, UK
Mar 2007 - Sep 2007
Actor and event planner
.Actor in various theatre productions. Both Afrikaans and English.
Age group: 5years-13years.
But, most adults enjoyed it even more than their/the kids.
Loads of fun!
Apr 2006 - Jun 2006
Event Manager - Contract
Veldhoed Music Festival
Marketing of Event. Designing. PR coverage and handling all VIP's. Planning Artist Line up, and time schedules. Coordinating the creative process of the event - responsible for assigning the line up.
Organising "Battle of the Bands" - Marketing. Sourcing of up-coming bands. Judge - "Battle of the Bands".
Theatre and Television
- 7de laan, actress
- Punica Fruit juice ad, actress
- Show with Valiant Swart Band
- Show with Saranthi Rheeders, and Steve Hofmeyer
- Corporate music shows with German Ochestra in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Tow
- Vandag in Beeld, actress, directed by Beth Hoon-Pacey
- Ancient Stars, singer and dancer, directed by Audrey Mullen and Hardus Koekemoer
- Die Gerrie Hopper Show, actress, directed by Beth Hoon-Pacey
- Mossie maar man, actress, directed by Helen van Eeden
- Beauty en die Bees, actress, directed by Helen van Eeden
- Braloos in Bitterfontein, actress, wrote and directed by Anelia van Zyl
- Men, Stupid men!, actress, wrote and directed by Anelia van Zyl
- A warm place (Performance art piece) , wrote and directed by Anelia van Zyl
- Kalfie Fees Hermanus, Props and make-up, Anelia van Zyl
- Grahamstown Arts Festival 2002, Stage Manager for Hamlet Machine