Experienced Senior IT profressional, with international program and change mangement experience as Head of IT with FTSE 100 and Fortune 100 companies. General management background including leading commercial and supply chain functions following Masters Cambridge Engineering Degree.
Jun 2008 - Present
Interim Head of Global Solutions Centre
Sep 2000 - Jun 2008
Chief Information Officer
Shire is a mid FTSE 100 Pharmaceutical company with sales of $2b.
Reporting to CFO with Team of 100 and budget of $56m revenue and $25m capital.
Change Management / Large Programme Management
Managed strategy to deliver common financial and sales processes through global programme initiatives. All programmes delivered within budget and tight timescales. This has facilitated the move to Shire operating as global company rather than as a conglomerate. Amongst key highlights were :
- Common global financial reporting and chart of accounts through roll-out of SAP and Hyperion HFM.
- Common global customer analytics and sales management though roll-out of CRM (Siebel).
- Common R&D submission processes (drug safety, regulatory and medical information).
Cost Management & Outsourcing / Business Alignment and Strategy
- Established and executed global IT strategy delivered through high value-add IT business partners, and shared service centres of excellence
- Project management of outsourcing exercise to deliver a 15% cost reduction on a spend of $25m per year
- Strong track record of delivering global IT costs with budget. This has been driven by tight compliance to using ‘out of the box’ solutions reducing total cost of ownership.
Post Acquisition IT Integration / Best Practice
- Part of core Shire due-diligence team on M&A. Post-acquisition integration of a $2b Canadian Pharma company within 6 month; Integration of a $2b US Biotech company within 18 months; Speciality Pharmaceutical manufacturing facility within 18 months.
- Implemented best practice approaches e.g. ITIL for infrastructure and Prince 2 for projects.
- Supported ‘high change’ business with average organic growth of 25% over period, including establishing IT organisation from scratch.
1997 - 2000
Supply Chain Director
- Managed Eastern European & Middle East Supply Chain function, including in-market supply chain staff, Swiss export function, and Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Hungary and co-manufacturing in Russia (total staff around 250).
- Reduced net corporation tax by 7% by establishing toll manufacturing operation in Switzerland.
- Restructured inventory flows and forecasting models to make capital reduction of $50m in-market inventory
1995 - 1997
- Established IT Operations in Eastern Europe and Middle East over 40 countries during 2 Year programme including M&A, distributor buys-outs & green field start-ups
- Established Pharma in box start-up solution for new locations
- Established internal IT shared services operation in Hungary
1993 - 1995
HEAD OF COMMERCIAL
- Responsible for global procurement for Mars Shared Services, primarily IT, and global commercial management of market research sales and IT software.
- Established global outsourcing arrangements including Indian offshore making a cost reduction of 15%
- Managed sale of third party businesses realising a p/e premium to the market
1989 - 1993
SNR IT CONSULTANT
- Supported consultancy studies and major projects for Mars Europe based around Supply Chain.
- Project managed implementation of SAP R/3 for European Pet food Operations which produced an IRR of 40%.
- Study of Export Supply Chain to Middle East, following which Mars implemented a Middle East warehouse and changed forecasting process producing a reduction in write-offs of $7m per annum.
1985 - 1989
- Managed consulting studies and implementation projects for Mars in Europe
- Implemented Manufacturing control system for major manufacturing lines incorporating expert systems
- Implemented Financial Planning suites for export businesses.
1983 - 1985
GRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAMME
Rotational Training in Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance and IT
4 Grade A, A Levels ; 8 O Levels
Chestefield Grammar School
Sep 1979 - Sep 1983
B. Eng ; M. Eng
Sponsored by ICI ; Society of Chemical Industry Prize