Responsible for converting an on premise Oracle based data warehouse system for thousands of universities to a cloud based solution on Amazon Web Services.
- Formulated the overall system architecture consisting of a JSON data lake feeding a data warehouse.
- Evaluated Selected the ETL tools and selected Pentaho.
- Evaluated data warehouse technologies ( Hadoop, Redshift, Vertica) and selected Vertica. Created end to end proofs of concepts and trained staff.
- Create proof of concepts with R and Tableau with different machine learning algorithms.
- Mentored team in the use of SCRUM. Mentored team in systems engineering and test driven development.
- Rescued a system administration project that was in trouble by implementing a Node.js/Express/Angular system administrative application.