Jan 2012 - Present
Dec 2010 - Aug 2011
• Monitored patient's health conditions and overall safety • Reported changes to Security and/or Nursing staff • Log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, physicians, patients or visitors. • Patrolled interior and exterior of facility preventing unauthorized entry; in a composed manner direct individuals initiating disruption to leave the premises. • While on patrol, monitored risks such as unlocked doors, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical issues, hazardous material and additional breaches of security • 2 way radio use and professionalism • Responded to alarms and emergency calls for assistance • Monitoring situations, cameras, property and events • Communicate in a truthful and receptive manner under all circumstances as well as provide information regarding the facility as requested by personnel • Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and visitors through courteous and respectful relations perceived from their viewpoint • Monitor and screen visitors and clients in a professional manner in order to grant access to the facility
Sep 2011 - Present
My intensive, two-year diploma gave me the skills and knowledge I need to make an impact in this vital field. I learned from qualified instructors with real policing experience, covering topics ranging from criminal and procedural law to interpersonal skills and criminology. I also gained valuable training learning about interviewing, courtroom procedures, conflict management, and investigative techniques.
Feb 2010 - Apr 2010
My Studies in Emergency Medical Services gave me the skill of quick thinking while exercising extreme caution.
- assess the extent of injuries or illness to determine medical treatment
- comfort and reassure patients
- obtain the patient's medical history, if possible
- perform and interpret diagnostic procedures such as taking vital signs and testing glucose levels
- administer pre-hospital emergency care including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), oxygen, bandaging, splinting, and assisting in childbirth and the treatment of trauma patients
- use a semi-automatic or automatic external defibrillator or bag valve mask resuscitator
- use basic airway management techniques
- transport patients to hospital or other medical facilities for further care
- document and record the nature of injuries and treatment provided
- assist hospital personnel as required
- maintain ambulances, equipment and supplies.