- Business focused and innovative marketing communication manager, combining technical expertise in current multi-media and emerging web-based technologies to build internal and external communications programs that exceed corporate objectives.
- Over 20 years of experience in corporate, human resources, change management, senior executive communications, media relations, and brand management on both the client and agency side.
- Producer of award-winning creative concepts, messaging platforms and content for communications, marketing, advertising, community relations, trade shows/events and training utilizing print, video, web and multi-media.
- Superior writing, editorial, project management, and interpersonal communication skills, with a proven ability to lead, engage, collaborate with, and mentor teams.
Senior Communications Specialist
Responsible for supporting the marketing communication needs of business unit leaders in the design and execution of communication plans and the development of creative media in support of strategic initiatives.
- Performed project management for large-scale “live” events including annual national and regional sales meetings, trade show exhibits, and satellite broadcasts.
- Wrote, directed and produced a series of satellite broadcasts to over 35 locations across North America that communicated new product information and selling skills to authorized distributors resulting in record-high first quarter sales of residential products for Honeywell Home & Building Control.
- Produced internal communications programs that included quarterly “State of the Business” executive messages and organizational announcements and coached executives on effective techniques for on-camera communication and presence.
- Consulted with marketing and product managers to develop concepts and messaging for online event invitations as well as brochures, white papers, bylined articles, data sheets, and other collateral.
- Insured all marketing content maintained consistent voice and messaging and supported the brand.
Media Producer and Consultant
Create, from concept to completion, print and digital media for corporate capability presentations, product introductions, sales promotions, trade shows, sales meetings, corporate events and corporate internal communication programs for employee recruitment, orientation and retention.
- Promote a unique blend of agency and client-side experience with expertise in marketing communications, employee communications, event management and direct marketing.
- Counsel leaders on strategies and tactics that imbed the brand both externally and internally including brand positioning and value statements, communications campaign tactics, rewards and recognition.
- Serve as thought leader and consultant on communications aimed at helping employees understand the external brand and act in ways that reflect the brand promise.
- Conduct client interviews and prepare communications briefs to establish the messaging and tone for websites, video and print communications.
- Write, produce, direct and edit video and create animation for corporate capability presentations, product introductions, sales promotions, sales meetings and corporate events.
- Craft messages and content for websites, promotional and instructional video-based tools and corporate internal communication programs for employee recruitment, orientation and training.
- Design and develop an interactive DVD, annually, as the basis for recruiting sessions by the General Mills sales organization at major colleges and universities across the country - identified as the primary factor in exceeding recruitment goals for the past 10 years.
Corporate clients have included General Mills, Honeywell, Lund Food Holdings, GMAC-RFC, Ecolab, Computer Network Technology, KFC and Mailbox Etc.
Video Scripting, Production and Editing - Final Cut Pro and Shake
Digital Signage - Motion 3
DVD Authoring- DVD Studio Pro
Web Animation - Flash 8
Copywriting and Graphic Design - QuarkXPress
Manager of Advertising
Responsible for sales and technical literature, promotional campaigns, web content and SEO, advertising in publications, public relations, annual events and trade shows and interactive sales tools.
- Managed a staff of five, in addition to multiple agencies, with responsibility for over 1500 projects a year that included ads in publications, online advertising, direct mail pieces, product sheets, manuals, brochures, trade show support and video production in support of six market segments with an annual budget of $4M.
- Led the development and execution of an annual 144-page, full-line product catalog, in conjunction with a corporate website update, that was repeatedly tracked as the lead source for over 60% of annual sales in the K-12 education market for Wenger Corporation.
- Secured a 4% increase in sales incentive and quarterly promotional programs participation through the development and implementation of a direct marketing campaign and the design and distribution of new supporting collateral.
- Established and implemented an email communications campaign promoting Wenger products and services, netting an average 23.4% open rate and an 8.1% click-through rate.
- Negotiated contracts with suppliers, reducing costs up to 50%.
- Managed $1.2M event marketing budget for 80+ trade shows/sponsorships annually, resulting in an average of 5,000+ qualified leads per year.
- Coordinated all trade show and sponsorship event logistics that included designing booth layout, booking floor space/power/labor requirements, arranging product shipment and developing booth graphics/digital signage, as well as, pre-show promotions and post-show evaluation.
- Maintained company branding/style – including brochures, product sheets, mailers, promotional items, signage and corporate identity materials.
- Facilitated the development of marketing plans, maintained advertising budgets, managed media calendar and ad placement, designed layouts and approved final materials prior to production.
- Strengthened company brand through the development and implementation of sponsorship programs that created cross-marketing/partnering opportunities and cultivated relationships with key customers.
- Pioneered the incorporation of e-media with traditional media in marketing strategies; deliverables included DVD, web landing pages, and permission-based e-mail marketing.
- Managed website content and search engine optimization while maintaining brand identity and enhancing the online experience for customers.
- Cultivated vendor relationships for all marketing communications activity including graphic designers, printers, direct mail houses, copywriters, public relations firms and media buyers.
- Raised department’s standards, significantly increasing productivity, reducing costs and expanding revenue.
- Provided leadership and project management mentoring to develop high performance creative teams.
- Coordinated business development activities in support of sales and business units including market research, proposal writing, sales funnel reporting, lead tracking, and sales database management.
Catalog - Pages from 2009 Product Catalog
Brochure - Sales tool to promote the Diva® Acoustical Shell
Case Study - Photography and interviews highlighting key customer installations
Mailer - Pre-Convention mailer to promote booth specials
Space Ad - Example of a full-page ad
Product Comparison Document - Competitive comparison of product features and benefits
Product Sheet - Common sales tool created for every product
Technical Sheet - Technical information for architects
Web Banner Ad - Flash 8 banner created for sponsorships
Bachelor of Arts
St. Mary's University of Minnesota
Combined learning in communications, marketing and the visual arts that included film studies, video production & post-production, theatre and scriptwriting.
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Apple Motion inGroup
- Apple Professionals Network
- eMarketing Association
- ThoseinMedia Media Professionals