Before being elected president, I held other part-time positions in DIT Students’ Union including Class Rep Convenor Communications Of cer, Environmental Of cer, Governing Councillor, Class Rep and Director of DITSU LTD.
As president, I was responsible for nance, strategic development, democracy, communications, PR and HR. I also held some ex-of cio positions including Director of DITSU LTD, director of DITSU Trading LTD, Governing Body Member of DIT.
My key achievements in DITSU were
• Re-energising of the democratic system using intensive representative training.
• Development of an IT based project management system in DITSU LTD on foot of the implementation of PMDS.
• This year, DITSU’s budget increased by approximately 25% as a result of a team effort to demonstrate the value of a professionally run Students’ Union to the college.
• Successful library opening hours campaign that resulted in extended library opening hours in the run up to exams.
• Key involvement in the DIT Grangegorman Development including representing DIT at last year's 'competitive campus' conference in Trondheim Norway. Also involved in hosting this year's conference in DIT.