Strategy and Planning:
- Communication with the company’s founders with goal to identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identification of technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Member of strategic planning team. Achieving business goals by identifying and prioritization development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
Implementation & Deployment:
- Select and manage company staff.
- Establish a specification conformance and testing based on user stories and the User Experience design.
- Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Review current best practices and establish the initial architecture for the application.
- Define the company’s software development methodology.
- Establish and supervise the software development process.
- Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
- Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
Project tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails (Backend, API)
- JS, React, Redux, ES6, Webpack, etc (Frontend)
- Centrifugo (Realtime message broker)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- AWS (Hosting)
- Ansible (Application Deployment + Configuration Management)
- JIRA (YouTrack in the past), Slack, Sentry, Amplitude, etc
- Docker in dev environment.