- Southampton, Hampshire, UK
- [email protected]
Thesis:Role of the Insulin/IGF-I hybrid receptors in the IGF system signaling.
Thesis:Role of the IGF receptor system in the tumor phenotype of a Colombian breast cancer cell line
Transgenic Plasmodium parasites production. 2015
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology. Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, MD.
LC/MS Quantitative Proteomics. 2011
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Leishmaniose, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz –FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Cancer cell signaling 2007
Karolisnka Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Stockholm, Sweden.
Funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). 2011 - 2016
Role: I was in charge of developing and testing molecular tools for malaria diagnosis. This tools were used in the framework of a multi-country epidemiological study aimed to determine the malaria prevalence. I have gained significant experience in report and paper writing.
Funded by PATH-MVI. 2013-2015. 2013 - 2015
Role: I was in charge of the protocol development, report and publication writing. During this project I developed a new assay for gametocyte testing using molecular markers.
Funded by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). 2015-2016
Role: I was in charge of the production of a transmission blocking vaccine candidate, the Pvs48/45 protein, using codon harmonization approach in an E.coli host.
Funded by the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND). 2013-2014
Role: I was in charge of the experimental design and malaria diagnosis using loop mediated isothermal amplification and qPCR. During this project I have gained experience conducting field trials in malaria endemic regions as well as overall project coordination.
Funded by National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). 2011-2015
Role: I was in charge of the malaria diagnosis using molecular tools. I have gained significant experience in clinical vaccine development, clinical trials, good clinical practices and databases for clinical research.
1. Evaluation of the loop mediated isothermal DNA Amplification (LAMP) for malaria diagnose in a
Plasmodium vivax endemic setting Andres F. Vallejo, Iveth Gonzalez, Myriam Arevalo-errera,Socrates Herrera. New Orleans, Nov 2014. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2013 91(supp). Oral Presentation
2. Gene Profiling In Naïve And Semi-Immune Colombian Individuals Subjected To Experimental Challenge With Plasmodium vivax Sporozoites. Andres F.Vallejo. Myriam Arévalo-Herrera, Monica Rojas-Peña, Nora Martinez, Greg Gibson, Sócrates Herrera. Nov 2014. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2013 91(supp). Oral Presentation
3. Field validation of an automated malaria Pf/Pv RDT reader and data management device in Colombia. Andrés F. Vallejo, Sócrates Herrera, Myriam Arévalo-Herrera, Juan Pablo Quintero, Marcela Cancino, Santiago Ferro. astmh 62nd annual meeting, Washington DC. Nov 2013. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2013; 89 (supl 5): 331.Oral Presentation
4. Recombinant pvs48/45 antigen expressed in e. coli generates antibodies that block malaria the transmission in anopheles albimanus mosquitoes. Andres F. Vallejo, Yesid Solarte, Catherin Marin, Socrates Herrera, Myriam Arevalo-Herrera. Washington DC. Nov 2013. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2013; 89 (supl 5): 331.Oral presentation.
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Professor, Department of Biology
Institute for Genomics and Evolutionary Medicine
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Phone: 1 215-2043735
E-mail: [email protected]
Iveth J. González