Business Development Manager
GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group)
GLG is built on the idea that the best way to learn and gain insights about the market is to speak directly to the top thought leaders in that space. Since 1998, GLG has built a membership of over 400,000 leading experts that our clients engage for tactical, strategic and professional development challenges.
Manage a $2M book of subscription business (account management and new sales) with large-cap pharmaceutical, medium-cap specialty pharmaceutical and small-cap biotech firms across the US.
- Account management: build and maintain strong relationships with clients and problem-solve with them to ensure we are helping solve their toughest tactical and strategic issues.
- New Sales: identify new potential clients and have consultative discussions to understand their strategic imperatives and objectives, and explore how GLG can help them solve them.
- Represent GLG and create new business opportunities at large partnership conferences (BIO in Philadelphia, Bionetwork East in Miami, Bionetwork West in California, PSA in New York, etc.).
- Manage one business development associate, responsible for her learning and development, performance to metrics and growth within the firm. Lead on boarding of all new hires.
- Partner with Research and Strategy team to develop new product offerings and customer theses, create standard operating procedures for the division and build marketing materials.
- Achievements: Mid-year 2015 tracking at 60% performance to target. Sold largest single deal in Life Sciences’ group history to CEO of top-20 pharmaceutical firm.