Director of Marketing and Sales
Responsible for spearheading national marketing efforts and northern region sales strategy for a $70 million surface equipment preparation manufacturer and engineering company. Defined new market segments, new sales channels, brand modernization, business development strategies and sales KPI programs. Monitored P&L statements, defined sales targets, marketing budgets and surpassed company growth targets. Supervised a team of 35 sales and marketing reports.
- Led team of 30 inside sales staff to meet and exceed budget growth, including establishing mentorship programs and formal sales KPIs.
- Generated 270+ qualified capital equipment leads through email marketing and data mining program, reaching over 150,000 contacts per month and generating $500,000+ in downstream sales in 2013.
- Initiated overhaul of online systems, including complete re-architecture of company website, extranet and online quoting/order systems.
- Established and maintained direct and distribution pricing strategies, centered on GM growth and optimization of sales across product lines, industries and geographies served.
- Re-architected sales and marketing team structures, including personnel profiles and hiring requirements, installing mentor programs and increasing retention.
- Designed sales team evaluation program including Territory Health Dashboards, tracking key metrics and supporting performance measurements tied to margin generation, customer satisfaction and market share growth.
- Drove implementation of literature auto-generation system, including centralized content database development, image library creation and content standardization, reducing new product marketing time-to-market by 30%.