Post-doctoral Research Fellow
National Research Council, Institute of Nanoscience
Activities and responsibilities:
- Nanofabricate and characterize semiconductor wafers, using electron beam lithography, scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, dry and wet etching, metal deposition;
- Use low-temperature cryostats with liquid helium and liquid nitrogen cooling;
- Perform Raman spectroscopy and photoluminescence measurements;
- Run data taking and experiment in autonomy;
- Analyze data and publish results in high-impact international journals;
- Hold commercial business relations with high-technology companies for the purchase of advanced components and devices.
Hands-on experience on:
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM);
- Electron Beam Lithography and Inductive Coupled Plasma Reactive Ion Etching (ICP-RIE); techniques;
- Light scattering experiments on GaAs/AlGaAs nanofabricated quantum dots;
- Realization of artificial graphene in a nanopatterned two dimensional electron gas (2DEG).