- Able to communicate proficiently and effectively in a variety of work settings.
- Able to speak, read, and write in both English and French.
- Experienced in media communications: conducting interviews, writing press releases, writing and
editing news stories, developing and writing executive and corporate profiles.
- Superior writing abilities: knowledgeable in writing professional media materials, proposals,
communications plans, and speeches.
- Excellent editing skills and strong spelling and grammar abilities.
- Familiar with Canadian Press style writing and editing.
- Comfortable with oral presentations and speeches.
- Able to manage several tasks at the same time.
- Familiar with organizational timelines, Gantt charts, and organizational computer programs, for the
purpose of managing numerous tasks within a project.
- Excellent time-management skills: able to delegate appropriate amounts of time to specific tasks, and
remain within the designated time frame.
Other Essential Skills:
- Knowledge of marketing: product/service promotion, sales strategies, marketing plans, environmental
analyses, and some advertising.
- Familiar with event coordination: from basic brainstorming to event execution.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, InDesign, Photoshop, Simply Accounting and The Exceptional
- Knowledge of PC and Mac computer systems.
- Expeirienced in management: previously managed a staff of 6-10 employees.
- Previous experience working with the Union of Ontario Indians.
- Previous experience working with the Northern Aboriginal Festival.
- Valid class 'G' driver's licence.