Dimension Data | Perth, Australia
Whilst in this role I was a dedicated on-site resource for a Perth based client tasked with the on-going management, stability and maintenance of my clients infrastructure as well as providing 2/3 line support.
The role consisted of supporting a large law firm focusing heavily on Virtualization and Automation, Data Center Technologies, Storage and Disaster Recovery.
I also managed the Datacenter and was tasked with hardware installs, upgrades, racking, de-racking and maintenance of physical equipment.
- Implementation and documentation of system infrastructure
- Ensure all Platforms are monitored and maintained
- Provide On-Call support as required
- Ensure procedures are reviewed and updated as changes occur
- Automate tasks using Powershell (site powerdowns, Daily tasks etc)
- Vendor Management and customer relations
- Asset management
- Change management
I was involved in various technologies specializing in:
- Netapp (both clustered and 7-mode)
- Backup Exec
- Citrix xenapp 6.5
- Citrix PVS
- VMWare vsphere 5.5
- Knowledge base creation
- Powershell automation
- Equitrac Printing