- No: 8, Bahagavathi street,MangaduChennai – 600 122, Mobiles No: 97908707699840428921
Over seven years’ Design & costing engineering experience in the following areas:
- Specialization in mechanical [Sheet metals, Fabrication, devices, manufacturing machines, equipment, fixtures and cutting tools] – Developed prototypes, blueprints, technical concepts and manufacturing documentation.
- Expertise in computer-aided design software for preparing drafts, sketches, specs and 2D/3D design concepts of new [mechanical products and machinery equipment].
- Attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and advanced organizational skills.
Objective statement – Costing, Develop, design, create and modify mechanical equipment utilizing cutting edge of technology in finest professional, efficient and creative ways.
Senior Engineer: Designing & Costing:
May 2012 - 2016
Stera Engineering Pvt., Ltd., (Stera Group Oy)
- Managing all phases of the design process for a multitude of products, components, parts, assemblies and subassemblies, including drafting, dimensioning, tolerance, prototyping and documenting results. Known for quality excellence and a “do-it-right-the-first-time” design standard.
- Response to design, develop and introduce new products with the greatest possible design margins and in the shortest amount of time.
- Providing design support at all stages of the design process.
- Identifies, quantifies, and implements tools, methods, processes and equipment, which improve the quality, reliability and productivity of the department.
- Communicates information to co-workers, customers and suppliers, which they require to do their jobs. This communication must be objective and accomplished in a neutral to positive manner.
- Serves as the project team leader throughout the initial phases of the New Product Introduction process, defining schedules, assigning tasks and quantifying progress against project goals.
- Understand and apply specific design techniques for low and high volume manufacturing
- Designs, develops, analyzes and documents product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability and safety requirements of CTC
- Researches and develops core technologies required by CTC to sustain or improve its competitive lead.
- Participates in the review of customer contracts and engineeringdesigns by outlining requirements and considerations
- Monitor operations of product and evaluate designs and ensure adherence to all design and manufacture principles.
- Ensure compliance to all ECO procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for meeting design to cost figures
- Improving the design, performance and efficiency of existing products.
- Responsible for reporting progress of all assigned tasks to the Engineering Manager and Project Management teams.
- Responsible for checking and validating Mechanical Engineers designs and drawings where required
- Analyze and recommend corrective action in case of any design failure.
- Products feasibility study, those parts produce in house or not.
- Determine the amount of time, money and resources to manufacture each component.
- Prepare and record a standard costs analysis model for each part as template.
- Set cost targets for new & modified purchased components (variable & supplier tooling) by applying the appropriate cost method to support Product Team business cases
- Evaluate engineering changes to establish technical cost for the change and identify the cost drivers for variable and supplier tooling.
- Provide purchasing with support during supplier negotiations through analysis of supplier’s price breakdown detail.
- Negotiate component technical solution cost drivers with suppliers for variable cost & tooling
- Negotiate Firm Price Contracts - breakdown tool fabrication & corresponding
Cost drivers for each tool in a detail tool line up.
- Research Low Volume Flexible Manufacturing technologies, construct appropriate cost models, and support P&S developing strategic suppliers.
- Work with operations, supply chain and manufacturing to develop standard costs analysis BOM and process stage timeline to peg relevant skilled/unskilled labor and overhead expenses.
- Take actual costs analysis for each job and use it to analyze the specific job cost against the model to determine accuracy.
- Develop and implement costs escalation model/per product and service and utilize to develop base cost reference logbook for each item.
- Study and interpret engineering drawing and technical specifications to develop manufacturing process flows.
- Preparing the costing sheet and adopts the related parts price from various suppliers.
- Preparing the final quotation, after approved the sales price by Managing director.
Assist in make and buy estimate decision process
Mar 2010 - Apr 2012
Maha hydraulics Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- Designing hydraulic power pack machines and structural for BGR energy, Elcon,
FL smith & L&T.
- Created part model, assembly including bills of materials and details drawings, for hydraulic power packs, hydraulic motors.
- Creating manufacturing drawings for fabrication.
- Evaluate and adjusted new designs and detail drawings so ensure practical completion while adhering to customer standards for usage and bottom line expenditure.
- Functioned as product and process information source to diverse customer base.
- To prepare costing process against new products design.
- To Send the RFQ to suppliers.
- To prepare final quote to forward the customers.
- Utilized AutoCAD 2010, Catia V5 R17, Pro-e wild fire- 4 and Solid works2010.
- Following the Manufacturing process. (vendor).
- Prepared GA drawing for customer approval.
- Prepared BOM for assembly department.
- Created hydraulic power pack manuals.
- Designed hydraulic power packs (17 no’s)-18.0Cr.value project for BGR energy within 3 months.
Completed 4.5 Cr. Value project for China & Indonesia with 1 month
Production /Design Engineer (GET)
Nov 2008 - Feb 2010
Addison Tools Pvt.Ltd
- Preparing and implementing action plans effectively to maximize overall equipment efficiency of production machines.
- Distribution of work load to operators in order to achieve daily production target.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritization of workload wherever necessary
- Planning day to day production to achieve maximum production.
- Arranging, repairing and maintaining tools.
- Utilization of manpower accurately.
- Troubleshooting and solving technical problems.
- Organizing daily work at shop floor.
- Handling skilled manpower and administration of shop floor.
- Analysis of daily tool consumption and generation of production reports. .
- Record preparation of tool history coordinating with purchase, planning, stores, tool room.
- Preserving discipline according to safety rules.
- Implementation of safety audits, 5'S.
- Examine the needs for training and provide on the job training to departmental personnel.
Preparing management information reports to ensure progress in the department.
Jul 2008 - Nov 2008
Trinity Technologies (CADD CENTRE)
- Develops and promotes learning programs, and assists in program marketing activities.
- Train students and clients in scheduling courses; develops course offerings, course schedule, and curriculum; creates and cancels courses.
- Identifies technical problems and provides basic technical support and quick solutions as needed.
- Coordinates and provides liaison services between CADD and the clients to develop and provide related courses for students.
- Develops Customized Training Contracts for business and industry clients.
- Generating the 2D drawings for the designed 3D fixtures which includes.
- Trainning softwares are AutoCad 2012, Catia V5 R17, Solid works2012, & PCS.
B.E - Mechanical Engineering
Apr 2005 - Mar 2008
Thangavelu Engineering College (Anna University Chennai),
Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Jul 2003 - Mar 2005
SRM polytechnic college
- Professional Development:
- Participated in national level symposium held in Jeeper engineering college.
- Participated in “swivel08” held in MNM jain engineering college
- I have been an active member of various associations.
- I had participated in NCC in school and college level.
- Winners in foot ball match in school level.
- Winners in kapadi competition in school level.
- Personal strengths:
- Good creativity
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good communication skill
- Effective leadership at the same time, a good team player.
Date of birth 12-11-1984
Age : 31
Mother Tongue :Tamil
Language Proficiency :Tamil, English,
Father’s Name : D. Arumugam
- Experience With 3D model software of solid work 2015, catia & Pro-E
- Able to communicate technical information effectively
- Clearly Explain Design Ideas
- Complete Assigned Tasks Within Time and Cost Restraints
- Familiar With Drafting Standards and Geometric, Dimension, & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Convert Basic Design Information and Requirements Into Working Drawings
- Experience in costing against new develop & customer products.
- Award for Academic Performance in polytechnic college- topper.
- Consistently ranked in the Top 10% of my class.
- Participated and implement 5s in Addison Company.
- First rank in Tamil writing competitions @ school & collage.
- Designing of Element
- Costing to public products & medical equipments
- Listening ilyaraja & A.R Rahuman music.
- Reading cooking, Self confidence weekly tamil magazine books.
- Arts : God picture, national leaders
- Watching TV: News Channels & adventure & Selected cartoon program
I, Anandha kumar .A do hereby confirm that the information given above is true to the best of my knowledge
- Project Name : Testing of Radiator (oil cooler)
CompanyName : Ashok radiator in Chennai.
My role : Documentation work for report, & calculation.
Description : Reduction the heat in side of engine by using oil Cooler.
- Project Name : Multi-plate Clutch with Gear drive
Client : Thangavelu Engineering College Chennai
My role : New concept, design gear drive mechanism by using AutoCAD.
Description : The clutch will be engaged and disengaged by using Gear drive Mechanism
- Project Name : Design and Manufacturing Lead Time Reduction by Adapting Modular Design Concepts
My role : Designing fixture by using AutoCAD 2007, & CatiaV5R14, Documentation Work for report.
Company : Brakes India Pvt. Ltd. (pollambakkam)