RSS Support Specialist
Refugee Services of Texas
Summary: The Refugee Social Services Support Specialist is a unique opportunity to engage with RST’s three main programs assisting recently arrived refugees to become self-sufficient. The Refugee Social Services Support Specialist will assist RST’s RSS programs to manage client screening/eligibility, client intake scheduling, client follow up appointments, resource and referrals, and other key programmatic duties as identified. The RSS Support Specialist will serve the RSS Social Adjustment Services, Employment Services, and Integration Services programs. Fluency in Spanish is required for this position.
Other duties include sharing the office reception responsibilities for 3-4 hours. Office reception duties include: providing a warm welcome to community partners, volunteers, and clients who access the Austin office, answering phones and transferring calls, scheduling client appointments, sorting mail for the appropriate RSS programs supervisor and staff. A high level of cross-cultural communication within a fast-paced environment should be expected.
- Educate and inform community partners, volunteers, and the general public of programs offered and populations served
- Conduct preliminary screenings determining eligibility for RSS programs with clients soliciting these services
- Schedule appointments and coordinate schedules for RSS staff and programs
- Answer phones and route messages to appropriate staff members
- Provide daily management and organization of mail for seven programs with special emphasis on Immigration Services; RSS Support Specialist will receive training regarding RSS Integration and immigration services eligibility
- Submit regular purchase orders that maintain adequate office supplies for the organization
- Assist with check distribution for various programs on a monthly basis and ensure required signatures are obtained
- Manage RSS program bus passes; tracking distribution and submitting weekly reconciliation logs to the RST Petty Cash Custodian
- Identify and implement solutions for various programs on a regular basis
- Preserve privacy and strict confidentially of client personal information
- Attend organizational meetings on a weekly basis and as needed
- Assist in other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as requested
- Assist the SAS Program Supervisor to schedule, organize and coordinate monthly SAS client workshops/orientations covering a range of topics: housing, food security, women’s health etc.
- Provide volunteer opportunity updates to RST’s Volunteer/Housing Coordinator per the RSS programmatic needs
- Participate in the weekly staff scheduling meeting; provide new referrals during the meeting to the appropriate program supervisor
- Assist program supervisors to conduct file review while not managing the office reception