Teacher of Science
- Excellent planning and organisational skills; prepared lesson plans and all necessary equipment for classes of different abilities and year groups, to maximise learning and student interest.
- Identified different learning skills and adapted teaching style accordingly to help Year 9 low ability class to meet or exceed their targets in the SAT examinations.
- Received positive feedback on teaching and classroom management during Ofsted inspection, contributing towards the science departments ‘good’ rating.
- Established and reviewed targets with students and provided regular feedback to students and parents, both orally and in writing to ensure progress.
- Assisted in the trainee teacher mentoring programme; helped support and encourage trainee teachers by setting targets and providing feedback to enhance performance and the achievement of standards required to complete training.
- Provided pastoral support to students as year 7 form tutor, ensuring that the transition to secondary school was positive.