Business professional who has managed the legal, contracts, human resources, corporate compliance, and administrative services functions within various technology based companies. I have extensive international and enterprise development experience having completed transactions in 26 countries primarily in Europe, Asia and the Americas. I have experience in eight different industries, worked for both smaller companies and large multinational organizations in both defense and commercial applications. I am looking for a new opportunity where I can apply my broad and extensive skills in an organization. I am very flexible as to role, title and compensation, what I am most interested in is the professional challenge the position offers.
BAE Systems, formerly Sanders Associates
Contracts and Subcontracts Administrator
Responsible for major custom commercial product accounts and manager of all OEM and GSA accounts
- Contract management of major Air Force program initially worth $165 million
- Responsible for procurement of sophisticated, custom designed high technology, microwave components and software in support of major government related programs.
Corporate Counsel, Manager of Contracts and Administration
Directed contracts & order administration, real estate, intellectual property, and licensing functions.
- Provided legal input for the 2nd and 3rd public offering of the company which raised approximately $70M.
- Coordinated with Marketing and Sales to establish subsidiary in Germany and developed European distribution network. Achieved $10M per year in incremental revenue.
- Completed two mergers and one divestiture. Raised $20M in capital and increased company size by 35%.
General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Schneider Automation, formerly Modicon Inc.
Advised executives on legal/business issues for world-wide activities, including real estate negotiations, immigration, unions, corporate policies, and licensing agreements. Supervised 10-person administration staff.
- Coordinated with Sales to expand sales and distribution channels in Latin America, Middle East, and Pacific Rim. Achieved incremental revenues of approximately $30M per year.
- Managed outside legal services on matters such as patents, trademarks, commercial/personnel litigations, collections, product liability, bankruptcy, and personal injury.
- Held legal responsibility for M&A of two companies including the legal and operations issues relating to closing the existing company’s facilities and operations and relocating them to Massachusetts.
- Created a technology licensing program with Marketing which enabled third parties to imbed the technology into their products, thus allowing products to work in a network with company’s products. Achieved $250K a year in additional revenue and $20-25M in incremental sales of company products.
- Completed administrative reorganization of Modicon, resulting in tax benefits of $10M annually.
- Coordinated with Human Resources to establish a 401K, pension, and benefit plans for Modicon in the United States and a pension and benefit plan for Modicon in Canada.
- Served as member of negotiating team that created a $600M per year international joint venture company owned by two major European-based multi-national companies.
Chief Legal Counsel
Served as General Counsel and managed a five-person legal department which provided support to executives, company business units, and managers on all legal and licensing activities for the company’s world-wide operations.
- Negotiated 15-year master lease on 800 thousand sq. ft. building, which saved $15M over the term.
- Revamped legal department expenses by implementing project tracking, standard templates, and limiting use of outside counsel. Reduced outside legal costs by 20%
- Co-chaired team to merge company’s worldwide operations with AMP. Implemented merger of subsidiaries and operations in 8 countries into local AMP country companies.
- Negotiated the sale of 50 thousand sq. ft. facility and a 55 thousand sq. ft. facility worth $4.5M.
- Completed international business development grants worth $5M in incentives to M/A-Com in Ireland.
VP, Human Resources, General Counsel
Held responsibility for legal and HR functions including union contract negotiations, employee compensation, taxes, and strategic alliances. Managed staff of 16 legal and HR professionals.
- Spearheaded initiative to restore the company to profitability as member of its executive team. Increased sales by 15%, EBITDA by 50%, and stock share price by over 300%.
- Navigated the company corporate compliance issues through the implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Negotiated two multi-year strategic relationships that allowed company to focus on core competencies while enhancing its business opportunities that increased sales by $40M per year.
- Contributed to strategic plan to enter a major new market for radio frequency identification devices (RFID) with potential revenue of more than $75M per year within five years.
- Focused on cost containment including selective outsourcing, restructuring of organizations, positions and revisions to benefit programs resulting in annual savings of approximately $5M.
- Changed state of incorporation from Delaware to Massachusetts in order to provide the company a modern framework and enhance flexibility. Increased financial credit facilities and saved $150K per year.
Magna Cum Laude
Phi Beta Kappa