AVP & Manager - Head Office & Abu Dhabi
Union National Bank(UNB)-UAE/ Islamic Banking Group
Leading both the business development & operational /Service aspects of business units under management and looking after a portfolio of Shaira'a compliant Finance (Retail finance , Home Mortgage finance & SME finances ), leading the business & operations teams towards achieving the targeted operational & service excellence objectives & achieving business development objectives / bottom line profits.
My scope of responsibilities covers Abu Dhabi Region & includes 1)leadership Responsibilities 2) Business Development & Credit Responsibilities 3) Operational & Service Responsibilities
1) Leadership Responsibilities
- Ensure staff awareness of the targeted objectives and setting proper plans to achieve those targets .
- Participate in budgetary activities
- Participate in Manpower planning according to financial & non financial objectives .
- Ensure smooth & efficient day to day transactions processing and may suggest enhancements to the current procedures to improve efficiency & TAT
- Ensure achieving ongoing projects according to the set target dates.
- Handles and resolves operational,credit and marketing issues across cross-functional lines within the division & other departments to ensure smooth operational flow
- People Management & setting individual objectives to the teams & proper periodical performance evaluation.
- Liaise with Sharia'a Board & Audit Committee for Sharia'a concurrence, resolving Sharia Audit observations...etc.
2) Business Development & Credit Responsibilities
- Oversee all teams business development,sales activities ,customers acquisition & retention
- Recommending & assessing credit proposals by conducting thorough credit review in accordance with the bank credit policies
- Approving of credit facilities proposals & sign off for credit facilities within set approving matrix limits.
- Approving "Exceptions" to the policy deviations within set approving criteria/limits
- Periodic review of the portfolios MIS to monitor EWS, NPLs….etc.& recommend corrective actions whenever needed
- Communicate changes in product and policy parameters, new product launches to the front liners
- Recommend amendments to credit policy & product features to match with market conditions & competition.
- oversee follow up over past dues & delinquency levels & liases with Recovery Department to ensure coordination between business team & recovery team for proper recovery & provisioning .
3) Operational & Service Responsibilities
- Oversee the operational activities including : A/C opening & maintenance (corporate & Individual)/ Cards & Cheque Books Issuance & delivery/AML monitoring/ Credit Facilities disbursements (Murabaha , Ijarah for HMF...etc) , facilities maintenance & settlement/ Mortgage Blocking & releasing/ Wakalah Deposit operations , Electronic Cheques Clearing (ECC) & Remittances.
- To minimize risk in Branches Operations & ensure error free processing & achieve favorable audit ratings ensuring full compliance to SOPs & UAE Central Bank regulations within agreed SLAs.
- Work on reducing customers applications rejection rate
- Reduce customers complaints & ensure resolution through root causes analysis
- Analyzing Mystery Shopping reports , Complaints reports & ensure service performance management approach is followed.
- Ongoing revision for the policies & procedures for recommending enhancement to improve efficiency
- Recommend IT process automation enhancement , Participate in new projects implementation in terms of launching new product, new updating IT Applications, policies & procedures updating. etc.