- Write progress reports, information bulletins and other program documentation providing timely information to Director as well as State OPWDD. Ensure that program remains in compliance with New York State Home and Community-Based Waiver Services regulations, agency philosophies and policies. Communicate with State OPWDD to respond to request of information and technical assistance.
- Prepare presentations and training materials for events, conferences and workshops.
- Represent program at State and service providers meetings and conferences resulting in increased awareness of programs
- Develop direction for service with clear philosophy and expectations toward personal future planning and community inclusion.
- Train and supervise staff to foster independence, productivity and community inclusion for clients while protecting their health, safety, wellbeing and civil rights.
- Establish consistency between individualized habitation plans and clients’ preferences. Hire and train support professionals and provide supervision on an ongoing basis.
- Address logistical and programmatic challenges as they arise, helping to ensure smooth program operation. Manage program budget.