Manager (Content Development)
ProfileWorking in capacity of Manager (Content Development), handling development of various print and online products including Sakaal’s first international magazine, India & Global Affairs (IGA) and soon to be launched websites.
Responsibilities Manager (Content Development), Sakaal Papers Ltd., Pune – Apr ‘06 till date
- Developed new content structure for Sakaal – the most credible regional language daily from Maharashtra and for its local supplement (Pune Today). Also formulated one of its kinds Citizen Supplement, Muktapeeth (Open Forum) with the help of editorial team.
- Developed overall content structure for Sakaal’s soon to be launched national daily, Sakaal Times and its seven weekly supplements. Worked together with core team to formulate the broad theme and focusing the product on targeted group of readers.
- I was instrumental in setting up the Convergence Department in Sakaal aimed at con-verging all available media platforms (print, online, mobile)
- Worked in association with McKinsey & Company to formulate 5-year growth plan for Sakaal Papers Ltd. The three month long project involved rigorous research and in-depth analyses based on one-to-one interactions with management committee members, global media analysts, and focus group discussions with Sakaal readers and non-readers. [Jul ‘06 – Sept ‘06]
- Worked on development of India & Global Affairs (IGA), an international magazine tar-geted at policy makers. I was instrumental in developing the concept, deciding the content structure, deciding the flow of magazine, developing designs for print and online edition with the help of an international consultant, developing the image sources, identi-fying the distribution areas, etc. [Feb ‘07 – Dec ‘07]
- Devised a process at Sakaal Papers Ltd. to prepare yearly content plan for editorial, advertising, circulation and events department. This is one of its kinds of experiments executed successfully. [Oct ’06 – Dec ‘06]
- Presently developing new media products (online and mobile) for Sakaal’s various initiatives. This includes websites for national language newspaper, magazines, television channel, and a few commercial activities. [Jan 08’ till date]
Sr. Executive (Editorial Processes), Sakaal Papers Ltd., Pune – Dec ‘06 – Mar ‘06
- Worked on Six Sigma projects for editorial department
- Worked on overall quality control for content
- Developed News Evaluation Software for Sakaal.
Business correspondent/Sub editor, Sakaal Papers Ltd., Mumbai - 2004-2005
- Used to report business happenings in and around Mumbai relevant to Sakaal readers.
- Used to edit stories, select pictures and create a complete package for days’ business page
- Responsible for creating a daily one-page issue focused supplement – Kaleidoscope for Sakaal. I used to research and commission articles, get the stories done from reporters, write on my own, create factoids, conceptualize the theme and design the page.
- Also worked on to-be launched tabloid newspaper.
Business correspondent/Sub editor, Sakaal Papers Ltd., Pune - 2003-2004
- Same as above
Cub-Reporter, Sakaal Papers Ltd., Pune - 2002-2003
- To report day-to-day events for Sakaal.
- Write features for various publications of Sakaal Papers Ltd.