Software Engineer II
Cisco Systems India Pvt Ltd
Ø Dual mode LTE (3GPP 4G tech) and UMTS (3G) small cell access point (Sunset Beach) – 07/Nov/2012 to current date in CISCO
Currently working IN CISCO SYSTEMS INDIA Pvt Ltd on this enterprise LTE/UMTS access point project to deploy the product across the globe through AT&T, EE,BT and many other operators.
This is a vast project and I have contributed on both embedded side as well as protocol side and I am also involved in developing the complete automation frame work from the scratch for unit testing of dev team.
Key achievements on embedded side
- This mainly involves porting of the LTE and UMTS stack on Broadcom Platform.
- Developing/enhancing network, I2C, SPI, EEPROM drivers and some of the CISCO Proprietary drivers and application libraries.
- Application library involves developing of lower layer API’s from the scratch to control GPIO,I2C and SPI devices, Ethernet, File system, RF modules, EEPROM etc
- Developed API’s from the scratch to program bootloader, File system, some of the Cisco Proprietary software’s into the device.
- Developed Firewall feature, Lan Auth feature and some of the Cisco Proprietary features from the scratch to run the device in a secure boot and protect it from possible hacking.
- Strong understand of linux Kernel, I2C, SPI, EEPROM Architecture, Linux internals.
- Cisco hardware architecture and Broadcom’s hardware architecture.
- Expertise in C, Makefiles and linux commands and process.
- Expertise on shell scripting language.
- Strong Understanding of MIPS and ARM architecture.
Key achievements on LTE (4G) protocol side
- I have extensively worked and holds ownership on Operation and Management module (OAM) based on TR069 protocol and Performance Management (PM) Counters of LTE technology.
This module/software helps operators to configure, monitor its performance, upgrade, and maintain the device.
- Engineering work involved implementation/enhancement of numerous PM counters and OAM software and required changes in L2 and L3 to update KPI (Key performance Indication stats).
- I worked on some of the major LTE features like DRX and network listen, VOLTE (Voice over LTE) etc.
- Strong knowledge in LTE protocols like RRC, PDCP, RRM and MAC.
- Strong understanding of PM Counters Specs and TR069 protocol.
- Expertise in C, C++ and OS concepts.
- Basic knowledge in UMTS (3G) technology and protocols.
Key achievements on Automation side
- Developed automation script and frame work to automate the procedure of periodic running of development team’s test cases on a set of rig’s and retrieve the result and publish as per the dev needs.
- This involves developing the scheduler to schedule the test cases Parallel yon the limited rigs.
- Expertise in advanced Perl and Python language.
- Basic understanding of C#.
- Some of the Tools like Jenkins, Start Machine, Linux servers and Cisco Proprietary Tools.