Jul 2015 - Apr 2016
10-Month dietetic internship that provided experience in food service management, clinical, and community settings.
Clinical Rotation: 9-Week Rotation
OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
• Counseled and assessed nutrition risk for numerous disease states within hospital
• Provided nutrition education to patients and families with numerous disease states
• Conducted research review and presentation regarding early feeding post GI surgery
• Reviewed and completed all steps in Nutrition Care Process for numerous disease states
• Calculated tube feedings, TPN, BMI, estimated energy needs, and weight change percentages
• Provided staff relief for dietitians on medical surgery floor
Community & Concentration Rotation: 12-Week Rotation
ODH Creating Healthy Communities & Delaware General Health District WIC
• Assessed and assigned risk factors for WIC clients and provided education and interventions
• Collected height, weight, and hemoglobin blood samples for WIC clients to assess health status
• Presented and created education materials on policy updates, wellness topics, and nutrition
• Reviewed and assessed healthy community awards for different cities, counties, and townships
• Provided nutrition counseling and education for infants, children, and mothers through WIC program
Food Service Rotation: 9-Week Rotation
Mansfield City School District & OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
• Created sanitation presentation and discussion for food service employees
• Conducted Green audit and food safety audit to assess changes and interventions
• Reviewed the National School Lunch Program guidelines and conducted menu analysis
Nutrition Volunteer, University Hospitals Case Medical Center May 2014-Present
Public Relations Chair, Treasurer: Dietetic Association, Ashland University Aug 2011- Present
Philanthropy ChairAlpha Delta Pi Sorority, Ashland University Sep 2011- Present
Portfolio items include educational material, displays, and flyers, I have created throughout my time at Ashland University obtaining my undergraduate degree in dietetics, as well as during my dietetic internship with Cedar Crest College.
AU's Student Dietetic Association put together a three week program for National Nutrition Month. This involved redesigning menus in our dining hall, creating new smoothies at our recreation center smoothie bar, and an "Eat This, Not That" at our on campus grill. This gave us the opportunity to show students and community members appropriate portion sizes, new ingredients, and the importance of reading a food label.
A bulletin board designed to show the benefits of local farmers markets and fresh produce during the summer months.
I was on the executive board for Ashland University's Fit Festival. This event was for community members and university students and was put on by Exercise Science Club, Athletic Training Club, and Dietetic Association. With the help of the executive board and dietetic association, I organized a 5k walk/run as well as other events during the day to promote fitness, health and overall wellness.
I created this display to show proper portion sizes using household objects.
Designed for incoming Ashland University's Freshman. Contained nutrition information for energy drinks and food eaten to boost energy levels.
Displayed in Ashland University's Recreation Center for students and faculty members. Changed board every month with user friendly nutrition information
Presented information to company employees about healthy lifestyle choices. Used the following brochure to help educate workers through Worksite Wellness project. This brochure discusses the many aspects of blood pressure and the possible dangers related to high blood pressure.
Completed at Ohio Department of Health CHC Program.