VP Services Latinamerica
Services Area Vice-President, Caribbean & Latin America
Ran $100M services revenue business with 19% year-over-year growth in fiscal year 2008. Grew installed base to 800 customers, 300+ employees and 100+ business partners.Delivered best-in-class margins through better selling tools and constant productivity improvements.
- Met and exceeded P&L targets in Latin America regional theater, including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia through direct operations as well as distributors and business partners.
- Delivered increased revenue & margins monthly by closing projects on time with customer acceptance. Conducted weekly sales revenue funnel and backlog reviews to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Improved productivity by reducing fixed costs and managing marginal costs, especially for incoming new technologies. Implemented remote support services in low cost geographies and launched Network Operation Centers in Brazil and Mexico. Created tools to automate standard proposal generation and custom bids, enhancing efficiency and eliminating errors.
- Ensured best-in-class results on customer satisfaction service index. Developed effective personal relationships with CIOs and IT directors of major accounts resulting in customer satisfaction and retention. Secured customer loyalty by launching managed services and hosted solutions that expanded presence into new markets.
- Improved sales cycle by developing easy-to-quote tools and offer definitions to encourage sales in technical areas including call centers and IP telephony networks.
- Developed strong organization by selecting top performing managers and instituting all-associate communication program. Achieved ‘top three’ ranking in associate satisfaction index.
Regional Sales Operations Director (1997-1999)
Acting Managing Director of Mexico (1996-1997)
Mexico Services Leader (1994-1996)
- Created regional business control unit to improve efficiency. Implemented policies and procedures for more accurate annual financial planning. Conducted monthly operation reviews and created sales reporting tools.
- Led company through comprehensive re-engineering as Acting Managing Director resulting in eradication of $26M loss, reduction of receivables and inventory excess. Developed long term strategies for Services Unit and created sales plan to ensure increased revenue.
- Doubled revenue from $6 M to $12 M as a result of organizing the Services Unit. Successfully merged WAN-LAN networking teams with emerging digital telephony technical areas. Outsourced several functions which decreased fixed costs by 30%.
Telecom consulting division of ITSA Group
ITSA Group was acquired by ATT International in 1993 to represent AT&T BCS in Mexico.This acquisition became Lucent and then Avaya Inc.
- Managing Director of ITSA networking consulting group specializing in design and implementation of private WAN networks for financial and governmental institutions.
- Conducted several ROI and technical studies for diverse public and private companies in Consulting Sales role.