Engineer - Product Management
Velankani Electronics Private Limited
- Did market analysis of Solid State Drives (SSDs) which is a memory product, for Indian and worldwide market. Finalized product specification, made product requirement document. Developed product roadmap to tap Indian SSD market which is expected to reach about 130 Million USD in 2017 at CAGR of about 30%.
- Did competitor analysis and identified the biggest competitors in the in Indian SSD market namely Intel, Samsung and HP and analysed possible future strategy for the growing Indian SSD market. Identified main growth drivers of the SSD market such as big data and cloud services (SaaS) and IoT.
- Built business case for manufacturing SSDs and presented it to the stakeholders. Forged business relationships with technology partners worldwide and worked with design and manufacturing team in order to make SSDs, which are currently being used in companies internal servers, which brought down the energy consumption by 60% and increased data transfer speed upto 10 times. Currently working with enterprise customers for mass manufacturing.
- Did market analysis of USB flash drives (Pen Drives) for the Indian market which is about 3 million units a month. Did competitor analysis, biggest competitors identified to be SanDisk, Transcend and HP. Made product requirement document and did technical feasibility study and worked with industrial design team to come up with 6 innovative designs for the pen drives.
- Working with the intellectual property vendors to develop SoC from HD Set Top Box, Memory controller and navigation IC. Involved in developing the VLSI design team, from scratch at VEPL and looking after their program management.