Technical Leader I
• Hardware Lead Engineer for multiple domestic and foreign cable set-top boxes including several DVR (TiVO-like) designs
• Hardware support lead for European and Asian market ODM settops
• Worked with several ODMs in Taiwan
• Actively involved in design reviews (specifications, schematics, board layout), hardware debugging and verification, DVT, and FVT testing of ODM designs.
• Provided support to ODMs with hardware and diagnostic software issues and approval of alternate sources for critical system components.
• Responsible for maintaining schematics and PWB designs using Mentor Graphics tools, and revision documentations for designs with 40-page schematics.
• Responsible for generating and maintaining BOMs (board, daughter card, chassis, and unit levels) for designs with over 2,000 components.
• Responsible for generating and/or updating extensive internal technical documentation.
• Maintaining communication between mechanical and electrical design groups.
• Designed pin boards for factory board level ATE racks.
• Participated in DVT, factory test results reviews, and QA Cpk reviews for internal and ODM designs.
• Participated in prototype builds - Required travel to factory in Juarez Mexico. Managed factory support team of engineers and technicians. Provided build hardware documentations to engineers and factory test engineers and attended build and discrepancy meetings.
• Programming for lab testing and data collection.
• Supported lab technician in learning and performing hardware trouble shooting, and software programming.